Speak up: What was the best thing that happened this semester?

Kelly Murphy, freshman

“The best thing was Homecoming week and all the events that led up to it, especially the fireworks and boat burning.”

Pablo Escobar, senior

“I got paid to go to a conference of professional engineers in Indianapolis, and I got a job out of it starting in January.”

Julienne Gede, second-year law student

“Ray Lewis. Hands down.”

Elijah Kirkland-Andrews, freshman

“Moving to Miami and getting to see Arcade Fire in concert in Little Haiti.”

Dominique Fairley, freshman 

“I think I learned a lot about myself with regards to academics and social.”

Gabriela Contreras, junior

“We beat the Gators. So that’s pretty good. It was a fun game.”

Kenneth Stransky, junior 

“The opening of the SAC. I think it’s a big resource. It brings the community together.”

Namrata Palsule, freshman 

“Definitely the fireworks at homecoming. It made me feel part of the campus and part of the university.”

New and returning students share some of their expectations for the semester on the first day of cla ...

Nearly 100 University of Miami students participated in Orientation Outreach to assist the staff at ...

Take a look back on new student orientation and browse through a gallery of photos from various even ...

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

Jeff Thomas is eager to get back on the field for the Hurricanes. ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...