Speak up: What was the best thing that happened this semester?

Kelly Murphy, freshman

“The best thing was Homecoming week and all the events that led up to it, especially the fireworks and boat burning.”

Pablo Escobar, senior

“I got paid to go to a conference of professional engineers in Indianapolis, and I got a job out of it starting in January.”

Julienne Gede, second-year law student

“Ray Lewis. Hands down.”

Elijah Kirkland-Andrews, freshman

“Moving to Miami and getting to see Arcade Fire in concert in Little Haiti.”

Dominique Fairley, freshman 

“I think I learned a lot about myself with regards to academics and social.”

Gabriela Contreras, junior

“We beat the Gators. So that’s pretty good. It was a fun game.”

Kenneth Stransky, junior 

“The opening of the SAC. I think it’s a big resource. It brings the community together.”

Namrata Palsule, freshman 

“Definitely the fireworks at homecoming. It made me feel part of the campus and part of the university.”

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...