V's Take

Dear V: I need to make it to the finish line …

V,

So I think I’m going crazy. I’ve liked this guy for a bit but I think I might be getting bored. Also, I’m super stressed and I think that’s adding to it. I keep finding all these flaws in him, but really I think I’m just projecting. What’s wrong with me? What do I do?

Frustrated and Alone

Dear Kris Jenner,

We’ve all been there. We’re with someone, we like them and then for some reason it just fizzles out. It’s natural and it happens.

But if I were you, I would re-evaluate why you liked him in the first place. Sometimes we think things are dying down when a boy hasn’t made a move but that’s not necessarily always the case. For some people it just takes a while to get comfortable enough to get close enough to other people.

There’s also something to say about your attitude. If you’re stressed and you’re taking out on this poor guy then you’ll end up sad and alone and you’ll never get any. I don’t mean to be so blunt but if we keep looking for the flaws in other people then we’re never going to be able to get our crap together long enough for anyone to tolerate us.

What you should do is invite him to coffee at Starbucks and take a study break. I don’t care how many orgo tests you have next week, you need to take care of your sexual health.

And you’re right, Bruce Jenner had that weird facelift thing and his hair is thinning so it’s a little gross to look at but he’s an Olympic champion and that’s all that matters.

Advice Columnist

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...