V's Take

Dear V: I need to make it to the finish line …

V,

So I think I’m going crazy. I’ve liked this guy for a bit but I think I might be getting bored. Also, I’m super stressed and I think that’s adding to it. I keep finding all these flaws in him, but really I think I’m just projecting. What’s wrong with me? What do I do?

Frustrated and Alone

Dear Kris Jenner,

We’ve all been there. We’re with someone, we like them and then for some reason it just fizzles out. It’s natural and it happens.

But if I were you, I would re-evaluate why you liked him in the first place. Sometimes we think things are dying down when a boy hasn’t made a move but that’s not necessarily always the case. For some people it just takes a while to get comfortable enough to get close enough to other people.

There’s also something to say about your attitude. If you’re stressed and you’re taking out on this poor guy then you’ll end up sad and alone and you’ll never get any. I don’t mean to be so blunt but if we keep looking for the flaws in other people then we’re never going to be able to get our crap together long enough for anyone to tolerate us.

What you should do is invite him to coffee at Starbucks and take a study break. I don’t care how many orgo tests you have next week, you need to take care of your sexual health.

And you’re right, Bruce Jenner had that weird facelift thing and his hair is thinning so it’s a little gross to look at but he’s an Olympic champion and that’s all that matters.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...