V's Take

Dear V: I don’t want to take his test …

V,

I am writing to you in a time of need. I am sort of “talking” to this guy who seemed really sweet … until he decided to invite me somewhere I know he takes all the girls he likes. I wasn’t able to go, but I feel like her wanted to take me to his favorite place to test me out. I know he takes all the girls he likes to this place, but I think he should try to impress me in a creative and original way. 

I’m nervous he’ll ask me to the same place again … because, quite frankly, I won’t go until I know for sure I like him and I want to “pass his test.” Am I wrong to see this as a test? Should I give him the home court advantage? 

I Want An Easy A 

Dear Mindy Kaling,

I need you to hear me loud and clear when I say this: It is not a test. If what you’re talking about is that this guy takes girls to the same makeout spot in the stacks, then you should definitely not go because that’s trashy and I’m sure  you’re not that kind of girl.

However, if this is something harmless like taking you to his favorite restaurant, then I don’t see the harm in it. Maybe he just thinks that you’re special enough to share this with. If I were you, I would bask in the glory of being “in like” with someone and just go with it.

I do agree that he should put a little more effort into his date ideas, but chances are he’s just trying to get to know you.

Give this guy a shot before you die a lonely NY death. Then again, if you’re overthinking this so much, you might as well just sit in front of a TV and eat Ben and Jerry’s for the rest of your life since that’s the attitude you seem to be taking on this whole thing.

Get it together.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

While the University of Miami awaits what quarterback it will get Feb. 6 on National Signing Day, ne ...

It appears the University of Miami football program has found its answer to intelligent, energetic, ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up play on its first weekend of competition Sunday ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play at the Miami Spring Invite Sunday, wi ...

Chris Lykes scored 25 points as Miami got past Wake Forest. ...