V's Take

Dear V: I don’t want to take his test …

V,

I am writing to you in a time of need. I am sort of “talking” to this guy who seemed really sweet … until he decided to invite me somewhere I know he takes all the girls he likes. I wasn’t able to go, but I feel like her wanted to take me to his favorite place to test me out. I know he takes all the girls he likes to this place, but I think he should try to impress me in a creative and original way. 

I’m nervous he’ll ask me to the same place again … because, quite frankly, I won’t go until I know for sure I like him and I want to “pass his test.” Am I wrong to see this as a test? Should I give him the home court advantage? 

I Want An Easy A 

Dear Mindy Kaling,

I need you to hear me loud and clear when I say this: It is not a test. If what you’re talking about is that this guy takes girls to the same makeout spot in the stacks, then you should definitely not go because that’s trashy and I’m sure  you’re not that kind of girl.

However, if this is something harmless like taking you to his favorite restaurant, then I don’t see the harm in it. Maybe he just thinks that you’re special enough to share this with. If I were you, I would bask in the glory of being “in like” with someone and just go with it.

I do agree that he should put a little more effort into his date ideas, but chances are he’s just trying to get to know you.

Give this guy a shot before you die a lonely NY death. Then again, if you’re overthinking this so much, you might as well just sit in front of a TV and eat Ben and Jerry’s for the rest of your life since that’s the attitude you seem to be taking on this whole thing.

Get it together.

Advice Columnist

The Miami Hurricanes had to adjust their offense at halftime Saturday to pull out a road win against ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Virginia Tech | Saturday, November 17, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

The Miami Hurricanes found new life Saturday — despite so much seemingly going wrong. Big plays on o ...

At least in terms of their bowl situation, the Miami Hurricanes can take a deep, collective breath. ...

Thoughts, notes, reaction and postscripts after UM’s 38-14 win on Saturday at Virginia Tech, making ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team is headed to Iowa State for the Preseason WNIT champio ...