Speak Up: How do you celebrate thanksgiving? What’s your favorite tradition?

David Dorcius, sophomore

“I usually take my family over to my best friend’s house. His mom is a chef, so we have a huge feast.”

Sydney Beasley, junior

“The full house. Family and friends always go to my grandma’s house for dinner, and I cook all day.”

Beja Turner, freshman

“I’m from a Louisiana family, so for Thanksgiving, we have a big crawfish boil.”

Erica Smale, senior

“I stay here for Thanksgiving and celebrate it with my friends.”

George Rodriguez, freshman

“Helping around the house with my grandparents. Hanging around with them is actually always nice.”

Jessica Trujillo, senior

“We break the wishbone and whoever gets the larger piece of the wishbone has good luck the rest of the year.”

Kaijing Hu, graduate student

“I spend the holiday with my friends and we’ll go to Washington D.C. and New York”

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...