Speak Up: How do you celebrate thanksgiving? What’s your favorite tradition?

David Dorcius, sophomore

“I usually take my family over to my best friend’s house. His mom is a chef, so we have a huge feast.”

Sydney Beasley, junior

“The full house. Family and friends always go to my grandma’s house for dinner, and I cook all day.”

Beja Turner, freshman

“I’m from a Louisiana family, so for Thanksgiving, we have a big crawfish boil.”

Erica Smale, senior

“I stay here for Thanksgiving and celebrate it with my friends.”

George Rodriguez, freshman

“Helping around the house with my grandparents. Hanging around with them is actually always nice.”

Jessica Trujillo, senior

“We break the wishbone and whoever gets the larger piece of the wishbone has good luck the rest of the year.”

Kaijing Hu, graduate student

“I spend the holiday with my friends and we’ll go to Washington D.C. and New York”

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...