Basketball, Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Sports Briefs 11/18

Women’s Basketball

The Miami women’s basketball team fell to Middle Tennessee, 61-55, at the BankUnited Center on Friday. The Canes hung tough with the Blue Raiders for most of the game, but never managed to reclaim a lead after a 36-36 tie in the second half.

“We just didn’t play with any strategy tonight,” coach Katie Meier said. “We didn’t have a strategic approach to the game.”

Jassany Williams snagged 17 rebounds, a career high for the Miami junior.

Cross Country

Five runners posted record times at the 2013 NCAA South Regional this past weekend. Miami had eight representatives compete in total, including senior Sean Pezzulo, who set a UM record in the men’s 10K.

Pezzulo finished in 31:29, good for 54th place among 173 runners in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

“Sean had to battle back from injuries during the season,” coach Damon Griffiths said. “That makes today’s performance even sweeter.”

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Spencer Dandes

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.