V's Take

Dear V: Leaving the friend zone …

V,

I’m in quite the pickle, Dick. There’s this guy at UM that I’ve known my whole life basically. He hooked up with my best friend a few times right before college, but that was four years ago. I think he’s interested. Should I make a move or lay low?

A Sh**ty Friend

Dear Rachel in “Something Borrowed,”

Sometimes the universe throws us into unexpected circumstances that we can’t understand or really control.

Sharing lovers is honestly very weird, and sometimes even gross. Sure, you trust your friend to be a clean individual, but why put yourself in a situation where you’d be able to compare war stories from the bedroom? That could get real awkward real fast.

That being said, it’s important to let yourself be happy and explore any possibilities that come your way. Just because Rachel didn’t end up with Ethan and chose that wonderful hunk of a man Dex, doesn’t mean that you should discard this guy.

A girl needs a little bit of pleasure every once in a while, and since you guys are already friends, that intimacy should make for a great time in the sack.

You should talk to your friend and let her know what you’re planning to do. If she’s cool with it, then you’re good to go – no reason to feel guilty. But if she has a problem with it, you should take that into account. No relationship is ever fun if your friends aren’t behind you.

I’m sure she’ll understand and I’m sure you’ll get to have your fun.

Just remember, sisters before misters.

Advice Columnist

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...