Edge, Fashion

Add fashionable flare to the fall

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn't remember who) levi's jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn’t remember who) levi’s jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

With Thanksgiving break right around the corner, it’s time to flaunt your inner fashionista and fall in line with this autumn’s latest fashion trends. From top to bottom, here’s The Miami Hurricane’s list of your four fall must-haves that are versatile for both night and day.

Graphic T-shirts

Over the past few months, graphic T-shirts have been flying off the racks as shoppers pine for that casual chic look to rock anywhere from the grocery store to a local bar. The comfort of a simple tee is being paired with pops of color to give the classic staple an edge.

Leather

It looks like the leather trend from this year is here to stay as stylists prepare for that easy, breezy fall feel. The durable material can be made into every article of clothing imaginable, allowing Northerners to rock warm leather jackets on the street, while our Miamians can stick to their high-waisted leather shorts in South Beach. Adding leather pieces to any ensemble will spice up your overall image. 

Loafers

Both men and women are discovering a new league of classiness in this fall’s most wearable shoe – the loafer. Casual enough to go with a T-shirt and jeans, yet spiffy enough to wear to work, loafers offer undeniable comfort without forgoing their style. The increasingly trendy footwear can be found in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Black boots

Rounding out this season’s musts are a staple for every woman’s closet, and I’m not talking about red stilettos. Black boots are back to combat all the elements, or at least make it look like the environment’s getting colder. Similar to loafers, boots are easily coupled with a range of outfits depending on the occasion. Given that black can be worn with basically anything, these shoes can add a simple edge to any outfit without overpowering it.

Jordan Coyne

Gabrielle Beyer

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...