Edge, Fashion

Add fashionable flare to the fall

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn't remember who) levi's jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn’t remember who) levi’s jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

With Thanksgiving break right around the corner, it’s time to flaunt your inner fashionista and fall in line with this autumn’s latest fashion trends. From top to bottom, here’s The Miami Hurricane’s list of your four fall must-haves that are versatile for both night and day.

Graphic T-shirts

Over the past few months, graphic T-shirts have been flying off the racks as shoppers pine for that casual chic look to rock anywhere from the grocery store to a local bar. The comfort of a simple tee is being paired with pops of color to give the classic staple an edge.

Leather

It looks like the leather trend from this year is here to stay as stylists prepare for that easy, breezy fall feel. The durable material can be made into every article of clothing imaginable, allowing Northerners to rock warm leather jackets on the street, while our Miamians can stick to their high-waisted leather shorts in South Beach. Adding leather pieces to any ensemble will spice up your overall image. 

Loafers

Both men and women are discovering a new league of classiness in this fall’s most wearable shoe – the loafer. Casual enough to go with a T-shirt and jeans, yet spiffy enough to wear to work, loafers offer undeniable comfort without forgoing their style. The increasingly trendy footwear can be found in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Black boots

Rounding out this season’s musts are a staple for every woman’s closet, and I’m not talking about red stilettos. Black boots are back to combat all the elements, or at least make it look like the environment’s getting colder. Similar to loafers, boots are easily coupled with a range of outfits depending on the occasion. Given that black can be worn with basically anything, these shoes can add a simple edge to any outfit without overpowering it.

Jordan Coyne

Gabrielle Beyer

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...