Deck the dorms

There’s no time like the present to get into the holiday spirit. With only 35 days left until Christmas break – and fewer days left in the fall semester – it’s time to break out the dorm decorations and bring in the yuletide glee. So deck your halls with boughs of holly before it’s time to head home for the holidays.

Holiday lights

Head over to CVS Pharmacy (the closest place to campus that sells lights) and make like Kanye West – purchase all of the lights. Nothing says “Christmas” more than sparkling lights. Whether multicolored or sparkly yellow, lights will give your room the perfect holiday touch. Try wrapping them around your bedpost or above your windows.

Wreaths and wrapping paper

Use wrapping paper to make your door look like a present, and tie it with a bow made of ribbon or duct tape. Not a fan of that? Hang a wreath in your room (like your mom does back home) to show off some spirit. Visit the Container Store or Target for wreaths or holiday wrapping paper.

Mini Christmas trees

If you’re not sure if anyone on your floor or in your building is allergic to pine (or if you don’t want to go through the mess of purchasing a real tree), purchase a fake Christmas tree you can reuse again and again throughout the years. Fake Christmas trees are also available at Target.

Paper snowflakes

Want a cheaper alternative to decorating for the season? Channel your inner arts and crafts talent and make snowflakes from paper. If you don’t remember how to make snowflakes from paper, don’t worry. There are plenty of tutorials online that will help you bring out your inner child and creativity. Remember that no two snowflakes are alike.

Menorahs

Don’t celebrate Christmas? Bring out the menorahs and dreidels, and deck the halls with blue and silver. Fill a pot with Hanukkah gelt and give it as treats to all your visitors. All of these aforementioned items can also be purchased at Target.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...