Edge, Food

Traditional American fare served with a twist

EDGE_PinchoFactory_mm1

Plates of food line the counter at Pincho Factory. The restaurant, located in Coral Gables, serves a variety of dishes with a twist, including french fries, burgers and hot dogs.
Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Shake Shack and Five Guys burgers are great and convenient burger joints, but one of the best places to indulge in mouth-watering brisket and short rib burger patties in Coral Gables is Pincho Factory.

American favorites meet culinary creativity at this restaurant, whose name derives from the Spanish word for “skewer.”

Unique menu items, such as burgers like the Tostones Burger, are just some of the reasons to try the restaurant. The Tostones Burger is comprised of two fried plantains (used as the buns), topped with Jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and homemade cilantro sauce, and is served with sides like the delicious sweet potato tots.

Depending on the size of the burger, a single patty burger can run you from  $5.99 to $7.99. The price of a double patty burger will range from $7.49 to $9.49 and, if you want to add a little more to these monster burgers –  bacon, egg, or fried cheese – that will raise the price by $2, $1 or $2.50, respectively.

Pincho Factory’s happy hour is from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, and offers a two-for-one special on all craft beers. Order a  perfect combination of the Tostones Burger, with an order of sweet potato tots and a refreshing pint of Sierra Nevada to wash it all down all.

Look for the monthly chalkboard specials next to the cash register, including November’s the Gobbler, which features a braised turkey breast, pumpkin curry, arugula, tomatoes and fried onions.

Treat yourself to Pincho Factory’s fries or tots.

The best fries might be the sweet potato tots or the insanely delicious cajun fries, which are fries topped with grilled onions, Cajun seasoning and Pincho’s secret pink sauce.

If burgers aren’t your thing, Pincho Factory also offers an array of hot dogs, pinchos and chicken sandwiches.

If you go:

Where: 30 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables, Fla.

When: Pincho factory is open Monday through Thursday from noon to 11 p.m., Friday through Saturday from noon to 2 a.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Frank Malvar

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

The Miami Hurricanes are primed to have another nice weekend in the NFL Draft, at least according to ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos already has displayed a penchant for giving thoughtful, substantiv ...

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...