Edge, Food

Traditional American fare served with a twist

EDGE_PinchoFactory_mm1

Plates of food line the counter at Pincho Factory. The restaurant, located in Coral Gables, serves a variety of dishes with a twist, including french fries, burgers and hot dogs.
Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Shake Shack and Five Guys burgers are great and convenient burger joints, but one of the best places to indulge in mouth-watering brisket and short rib burger patties in Coral Gables is Pincho Factory.

American favorites meet culinary creativity at this restaurant, whose name derives from the Spanish word for “skewer.”

Unique menu items, such as burgers like the Tostones Burger, are just some of the reasons to try the restaurant. The Tostones Burger is comprised of two fried plantains (used as the buns), topped with Jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and homemade cilantro sauce, and is served with sides like the delicious sweet potato tots.

Depending on the size of the burger, a single patty burger can run you from  $5.99 to $7.99. The price of a double patty burger will range from $7.49 to $9.49 and, if you want to add a little more to these monster burgers –  bacon, egg, or fried cheese – that will raise the price by $2, $1 or $2.50, respectively.

Pincho Factory’s happy hour is from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, and offers a two-for-one special on all craft beers. Order a  perfect combination of the Tostones Burger, with an order of sweet potato tots and a refreshing pint of Sierra Nevada to wash it all down all.

Look for the monthly chalkboard specials next to the cash register, including November’s the Gobbler, which features a braised turkey breast, pumpkin curry, arugula, tomatoes and fried onions.

Treat yourself to Pincho Factory’s fries or tots.

The best fries might be the sweet potato tots or the insanely delicious cajun fries, which are fries topped with grilled onions, Cajun seasoning and Pincho’s secret pink sauce.

If burgers aren’t your thing, Pincho Factory also offers an array of hot dogs, pinchos and chicken sandwiches.

If you go:

Where: 30 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables, Fla.

When: Pincho factory is open Monday through Thursday from noon to 11 p.m., Friday through Saturday from noon to 2 a.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Frank Malvar

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...