Edge, Food

Traditional American fare served with a twist

EDGE_PinchoFactory_mm1

Plates of food line the counter at Pincho Factory. The restaurant, located in Coral Gables, serves a variety of dishes with a twist, including french fries, burgers and hot dogs.
Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Shake Shack and Five Guys burgers are great and convenient burger joints, but one of the best places to indulge in mouth-watering brisket and short rib burger patties in Coral Gables is Pincho Factory.

American favorites meet culinary creativity at this restaurant, whose name derives from the Spanish word for “skewer.”

Unique menu items, such as burgers like the Tostones Burger, are just some of the reasons to try the restaurant. The Tostones Burger is comprised of two fried plantains (used as the buns), topped with Jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and homemade cilantro sauce, and is served with sides like the delicious sweet potato tots.

Depending on the size of the burger, a single patty burger can run you from  $5.99 to $7.99. The price of a double patty burger will range from $7.49 to $9.49 and, if you want to add a little more to these monster burgers –  bacon, egg, or fried cheese – that will raise the price by $2, $1 or $2.50, respectively.

Pincho Factory’s happy hour is from 4 to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, and offers a two-for-one special on all craft beers. Order a  perfect combination of the Tostones Burger, with an order of sweet potato tots and a refreshing pint of Sierra Nevada to wash it all down all.

Look for the monthly chalkboard specials next to the cash register, including November’s the Gobbler, which features a braised turkey breast, pumpkin curry, arugula, tomatoes and fried onions.

Treat yourself to Pincho Factory’s fries or tots.

The best fries might be the sweet potato tots or the insanely delicious cajun fries, which are fries topped with grilled onions, Cajun seasoning and Pincho’s secret pink sauce.

If burgers aren’t your thing, Pincho Factory also offers an array of hot dogs, pinchos and chicken sandwiches.

If you go:

Where: 30 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables, Fla.

When: Pincho factory is open Monday through Thursday from noon to 11 p.m., Friday through Saturday from noon to 2 a.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Frank Malvar

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...