Speak Up: How would you feel if the FDA ban on trans fats affected your favorite food?

How would you feel if the FDA ban on trans fats affected your favorite food?

Rachel Gibbons, junior

“Really mad about Double Stuf Oreos. That’s how I got through physics freshman year.”

Ryan Scherker, sophomore

“Food would be much more expensive. Trans fats make food cheaper.”

Rachel Sperber, sophomore

“Eating fruits and veggies are more important.”

Melvin Davis, freshman

“Horrible. Like, if I can’t eat doughnuts anymore: No. Take it to the streets and protest.”

Speak Ups compiled by Danny New

Danny New

The tweets that foreshadowed Thursday’s news for the Miami Hurricanes began the third week of Januar ...

UM coach Manny Diaz, who expressed disappointment in Miami’s South Florida recruiting efforts in the ...

Miami baseball coach Gino DiMare didn’t want his Hurricanes this past Sunday looking ahead to the we ...

When UM spring practice begins in a month, here’s one of many things the coaches need to determine: ...

Jaiden Francois already had a reputation as one of South Florida’s top defensive backs for the Class ...

Prominent music scholar Kyra Gaunt will deliver a talk Friday about her research into the racial opp ...

Students are invited to participate in the second annual Students of Color Symposium this weekend, f ...

At an annual luncheon, University of Miami scholarship recipients connect with the donors who help m ...

From eliminating waste to reusable containers, there are simple steps you can take to make UM more s ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

Michelle Atherley of the Miami track and field team made history on Thursday, as she dominated from ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 73-65 decision Thursday night to Virginia Te ...

Riding a four-game winning streak, the Canes head to Gainesville, Fla., for a three-game rivalry ser ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

Check out the February edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...