Speak Up: How would you feel if the FDA ban on trans fats affected your favorite food?

How would you feel if the FDA ban on trans fats affected your favorite food?

Rachel Gibbons, junior

“Really mad about Double Stuf Oreos. That’s how I got through physics freshman year.”

Ryan Scherker, sophomore

“Food would be much more expensive. Trans fats make food cheaper.”

Rachel Sperber, sophomore

“Eating fruits and veggies are more important.”

Melvin Davis, freshman

“Horrible. Like, if I can’t eat doughnuts anymore: No. Take it to the streets and protest.”

Speak Ups compiled by Danny New

Danny New

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...