Photo

Provost Thomas LeBlanc Tapped into Iron Arrow

Provost Thomas LeBlanc was tapped into Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, on Wednesday afternoon. President Donna E. Shalala expressed her sentiments of content in a statement released Wednesday. “I want to congratulate Iron Arrow on the tapping of a wonderful new class on Homecoming weekend that includes the selection of our Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc,” she said. “Iron Arrow, founded in 1926 as the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, has been and remains the guardian and central repository of our UM history, traditions and culture. Please join me in welcoming an outstanding group of students, faculty and administrators, the Iron Arrow tapping class of fall 2013.”

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ash Building to The Mound Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ashe Building to the Mound on Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala and [guy on right], along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome Dr. LeBlanc into Iron Arrow. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala, along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome LeBlanc into the Iron Arrow Honor Society. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Nick Gangemi

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ You know when you will know the Hurricanes are really bac ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

The Miami track and field program is set to compete at the Tom Jones Memorial meet this weekend for ...

The No. 24 Hurricanes welcome ACC Coastal division foe Virginia Tech for a three-game series beginni ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...