Photo

Provost Thomas LeBlanc Tapped into Iron Arrow

Provost Thomas LeBlanc was tapped into Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, on Wednesday afternoon. President Donna E. Shalala expressed her sentiments of content in a statement released Wednesday. “I want to congratulate Iron Arrow on the tapping of a wonderful new class on Homecoming weekend that includes the selection of our Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc,” she said. “Iron Arrow, founded in 1926 as the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, has been and remains the guardian and central repository of our UM history, traditions and culture. Please join me in welcoming an outstanding group of students, faculty and administrators, the Iron Arrow tapping class of fall 2013.”

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ash Building to The Mound Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ashe Building to the Mound on Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala and [guy on right], along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome Dr. LeBlanc into Iron Arrow. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala, along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome LeBlanc into the Iron Arrow Honor Society. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Nick Gangemi

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...