Photo

Provost Thomas LeBlanc Tapped into Iron Arrow

Provost Thomas LeBlanc was tapped into Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, on Wednesday afternoon. President Donna E. Shalala expressed her sentiments of content in a statement released Wednesday. “I want to congratulate Iron Arrow on the tapping of a wonderful new class on Homecoming weekend that includes the selection of our Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc,” she said. “Iron Arrow, founded in 1926 as the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, has been and remains the guardian and central repository of our UM history, traditions and culture. Please join me in welcoming an outstanding group of students, faculty and administrators, the Iron Arrow tapping class of fall 2013.”

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ash Building to The Mound Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ashe Building to the Mound on Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala and [guy on right], along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome Dr. LeBlanc into Iron Arrow. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala, along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome LeBlanc into the Iron Arrow Honor Society. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Nick Gangemi

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...