V's Take

Dear V: Sharing is not caring …

V,

Over the summer, I ended things with my boo thang. When we got back to Miami, things picked up right where we left off (the sleeping together part that is). About a month into it, I wasn’t sure where we stood in terms of exclusivity, so I asked him if he was still hooking up with other people. I hadn’t been with anyone else, so when he told me he’d been talking a stroll down Slutty Freshmen Street, I was hurt and told him I didn’t want to sleep with him anymore.

A couple of weeks have gone by and we’ve started talking again, as friends. Then I found out he has the nerve to tell my sisters I was crazy for cutting of all communication with him and not going to any of his parties.

I wasn’t about to go somewhere to watch the whore hook up with other girls, and I don’t like being called crazy. How do I respond to that?

Do I just sweep this under the rug and try to be friends? Should I say something to him? Am I smart enough to get away with murder?

Sincerely,

Not Crazy In Love

Dear Pining Patty,

You should trust the instincts you had over the summer and let this guy go. A guy who doesn’t possess the self control to keep it in his pants, shouldn’t be taking up any of your time.

Let’s analyze this situation – the two of you got back from summer vacation, started hooking up again, and then he decided that didn’t mean the two of you were exclusive. While the two of you never had “the conversation,” common courtesy says that if you were an exclusive thing prior to the break, then you are an exclusive thing post-break.

I completely agree with you when you say that you didn’t want to go to his parties – it’s not your job to hang around him while he hooks up with other girls; that’s just awkward.

And if he’s talking to your friends about you behind your back, he’s literally a scum-sucking road whore and you should drop it like it’s hot. It is never okay for a guy to talk to your friends about you … unless he’s planning to buy you some very expensive jewelry and wants advice from your bests.

My advice – cut ties with this guy. He’s not worth your time or your heart.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Demetrius Jackson has come through again for his Overtown neighborhood. For the second year in a row ...

Days after praising Mark Richt, Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant has canceled his Frid ...

Mark Richt kept his word. On Thursday, two days before the Miami Hurricanes defeated Virginia Tech 3 ...

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...