V's Take

Dear V: Sharing is not caring …

V,

Over the summer, I ended things with my boo thang. When we got back to Miami, things picked up right where we left off (the sleeping together part that is). About a month into it, I wasn’t sure where we stood in terms of exclusivity, so I asked him if he was still hooking up with other people. I hadn’t been with anyone else, so when he told me he’d been talking a stroll down Slutty Freshmen Street, I was hurt and told him I didn’t want to sleep with him anymore.

A couple of weeks have gone by and we’ve started talking again, as friends. Then I found out he has the nerve to tell my sisters I was crazy for cutting of all communication with him and not going to any of his parties.

I wasn’t about to go somewhere to watch the whore hook up with other girls, and I don’t like being called crazy. How do I respond to that?

Do I just sweep this under the rug and try to be friends? Should I say something to him? Am I smart enough to get away with murder?

Sincerely,

Not Crazy In Love

Dear Pining Patty,

You should trust the instincts you had over the summer and let this guy go. A guy who doesn’t possess the self control to keep it in his pants, shouldn’t be taking up any of your time.

Let’s analyze this situation – the two of you got back from summer vacation, started hooking up again, and then he decided that didn’t mean the two of you were exclusive. While the two of you never had “the conversation,” common courtesy says that if you were an exclusive thing prior to the break, then you are an exclusive thing post-break.

I completely agree with you when you say that you didn’t want to go to his parties – it’s not your job to hang around him while he hooks up with other girls; that’s just awkward.

And if he’s talking to your friends about you behind your back, he’s literally a scum-sucking road whore and you should drop it like it’s hot. It is never okay for a guy to talk to your friends about you … unless he’s planning to buy you some very expensive jewelry and wants advice from your bests.

My advice – cut ties with this guy. He’s not worth your time or your heart.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

Finally, Tate Martell knows what 2019 will hold and it’s good news for the Miami Hurricanes. After m ...

Day Two of spring practice began at about 9 a.m. or thereafter on Wednesday at the Carol Soffer Indo ...

More than 40 University of Miami students spent last week in a half dozen U.S. communities learning ...

Students from UM, FIU, and FAU will have their graduate dissertations and projects reviewed by peers ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Miami's Hurricane Club announced the launch of The New Miami Fund Wednesday. ...

Bastias took the time to reflect on his chemistry with fellow classmate Franco Aubone, his transitio ...

The University of Miami's Raheem Chambers was named the ACC Men's Outdoor Track Performer ...