Crime and Safety, News

Crash claims student

Dino Ghilotti passed away from an automobile accident in May, a day after participating in commencement ceremonies.

According to a report published in The Miami Herald on Wednesday, no charges will be filed against the driver who was involved in the crash that killed Ghilotti.

Ghilotti was a passenger in a BMW driven by Allison Meyer on May 12 when her car collided with another driven by Rosalia Prado on San Amaro Drive and Bird Road. Both drivers were injured but recovering, said the report.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and Coral Gables traffic homicide investigators concluded the nearly six-month case Tuesday. The State Attorney’s Office did not file any charges because there were no criminal charges.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...