Crime and Safety, News

Crash claims student

Dino Ghilotti passed away from an automobile accident in May, a day after participating in commencement ceremonies.

According to a report published in The Miami Herald on Wednesday, no charges will be filed against the driver who was involved in the crash that killed Ghilotti.

Ghilotti was a passenger in a BMW driven by Allison Meyer on May 12 when her car collided with another driven by Rosalia Prado on San Amaro Drive and Bird Road. Both drivers were injured but recovering, said the report.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and Coral Gables traffic homicide investigators concluded the nearly six-month case Tuesday. The State Attorney’s Office did not file any charges because there were no criminal charges.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...