Crime and Safety, News

Crash claims student

Dino Ghilotti passed away from an automobile accident in May, a day after participating in commencement ceremonies.

According to a report published in The Miami Herald on Wednesday, no charges will be filed against the driver who was involved in the crash that killed Ghilotti.

Ghilotti was a passenger in a BMW driven by Allison Meyer on May 12 when her car collided with another driven by Rosalia Prado on San Amaro Drive and Bird Road. Both drivers were injured but recovering, said the report.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and Coral Gables traffic homicide investigators concluded the nearly six-month case Tuesday. The State Attorney’s Office did not file any charges because there were no criminal charges.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The University of Miami spring game will not be televised or streamed live on the Internet at noon S ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Who were UM’s standouts this spring, heading into Sa ...

As the Miami Hurricanes have spent the spring trying to find answers to question after question on o ...

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

No. 42 Adria Soriano Barrera collects top-25 victory against No. 21 Alexis Galarneau ...

Check out the UM Department of Athletics' e-magazine for April. ...

The Canes made a late charge, but fell short at No. 8 Louisville 7-5 ...

The fifth-seeded Miami women's tennis team advanced to play fourth-seeded NC State Friday at 3 ...