V's Take

Dear V: I just want to be closer …

V,

So my boyfriend just broke up with me after a three-year relationship, and he said he wanted space because I’m “too clingy” and I “smothered” him. This doesn’t make any sense to me though, because I’ve been living in Miami while he’s in Tallahassee. I thought everything was working out. Here’s where I messed up: I freaked out because I thought he wanted space to cheat on me, so I hacked into his email and Facebook. I also may have called a billion times because I was trying to catch him with someone else. He’s blocked my number and now he wants a full month with no contact. But he said we can meet in December when he’s back in town, and we’ll go out and see if we still have feelings for each other. I know that he never ever cheated and he really just wanted space for school, but I don’t know what to do. Do you think I should still have feelings for him and keep trying to save this relationship?

Sincerely,

Clingy and A Bit Crazy

Dear Glenn Close,

While your attraction to your boyfriend may not be so fatal, it’s clear to me that your relationship is a little less than healthy.

Please take as little offense as possible, but why in the hell would you ever snoop through his things? I’m the first one to get cranky and jealous – and I can hold a grudge longer than Lady Liberty has held up her torch but Jesus Christ, I don’t hack into people’s emails.

That’s illegal and, frankly, just a little bit crazy.

I’m glad you think the two of you will get back together in December – apart from being a criminal, you’re clearly clinically insane and need to be checked into a mental facility like yesterday.

You need to stand up for yourself and move on. It’s not worth pining over your gross Tallanasty boyfriend when you could be out experiencing freshman year all over again. If he’s not smart enough to decline his acceptance to FSU, then he’s not smart enough for you to talk to or even be in a relationship with.

Do yourself a favor and forget about him. Keep the “crazy” theme going and burn some pictures of his around a campfire while singing old African tribal songs. It’s a very cathartic exercise, and it might even bring you some good relationship voodoo karma.

Just resist the urge to boil his pet bunny.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...