Halloween Horror Nights completes a spooky weekend

I thought mutant ducks would be the scariest organisms I’d ever encounter when I first arrived in Coral Gables. What could possibly be more grotesque than a duck with red beads protruding from its beak?

But then, I went to Halloween Horror Nights — the scare-fest at Universal Studios. The second I got there, that’s when I saw them.

They were everywhere. Staggering around the park. Limping up to people with their dead, blank stares, foaming from the mouth. They would yell and scream and even try to gobble children’s brains.

Within the first five minutes of my arrival, one of them approached me, his eyes staring into my soul. He drew closer. And closer. And all of a sudden, he was a hair-length from my face.

And that’s when I decided to turn the other way and go check out the zombies. I mean, I didn’t come all the way to Orlando to have a staring contest with a Florida State fan, right?

In all seriousness, Halloween Horror Nights was a fantastic experience. Besides the abundance of Gator and Seminole enthusiasts, the park was brimming with zombies, haunted houses and gruesome displays of blood.

Of course, the scariest thing I encountered that Thursday of fall break was the score of the UNC game, but my heart was able to beat again once Dallas Crawford decided to play better than the entire Dallas Cowboys starting lineup. And I’m an Eagles fan, so you know I’m not biased.

Personally, I can’t decide what was the scariest haunted house: Resident Evil or Resident Assistant Evil. Sure, the first one had numerous deathly ghouls that lunged at me and tried to lure me into their rooms, but so did the other one.

Point being, Halloween Horror Nights has a great supply of exhibitions that adhere to the spirit of tricking and scaring. Even though I was so terrified that I revamped the adult-diaper business, it doesn’t matter, because Florida State fans should be even more scared for this Saturday.

Danny New is a freshman majoring in broadcast journalism.

Danny New

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...