V's Take

Dear V: Three’s a crazy crowd …

V,

My best friend’s boyfriend keeps asking me to have a threesome with them. I’m definitely into a threesome, but I feel like it would be weird to do it with my best friend. I see this girl every day, and once you go there with someone, it’s definitely something you can’t undo. I don’t want to walk around with the images of these two in the bedroom constantly in my mind. Isn’t this something you’re supposed to do with strangers? If so, where exactly do I find a sexually adventurous couple?
Help a girl out.

Sincerely,
Trying to third wheel

Dear Carrie Bradshaw,

If “Sex And The City” taught us anything, it’s that if you want to have a threesome, you should do it with people you don’t know.
Friendships are complicated enough as it is. Why suffer through the added awkwardness of having to see them naked? It’s really not worth sacrificing the relationship. There’s also a very big possibility that the situation will be so awkward that the sex will be bad – and we never want sex to be bad.
Also, do we all remember that episode of “Gossip Girl” when Penn Badgley had a threesome with that chick we all hated and Hilary Duff? What ended up happening is that Badgley kept focusing on that ugly girl, and Hilary Duff got all jealous and dumped him. Essentially, what we need to take away from this is that threesomes with people you know can get in between friendships. Can you imagine the drama that could be caused if your friend’s boyfriend pays more attention to you than to her? It’s best to just avoid that fight all together.
My suggestion is that you forget about this. Checking this off your bucket list isn’t worth all the trouble it could cause. If you really want to have a threesome, find a random couple at a club and have at it. And in case anyone asks why, you can just say you were under the influence.
Go explore your sexuality – it’s your time as a college student.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...