V's Take

Dear V: Three’s a crazy crowd …

V,

My best friend’s boyfriend keeps asking me to have a threesome with them. I’m definitely into a threesome, but I feel like it would be weird to do it with my best friend. I see this girl every day, and once you go there with someone, it’s definitely something you can’t undo. I don’t want to walk around with the images of these two in the bedroom constantly in my mind. Isn’t this something you’re supposed to do with strangers? If so, where exactly do I find a sexually adventurous couple?
Help a girl out.

Sincerely,
Trying to third wheel

Dear Carrie Bradshaw,

If “Sex And The City” taught us anything, it’s that if you want to have a threesome, you should do it with people you don’t know.
Friendships are complicated enough as it is. Why suffer through the added awkwardness of having to see them naked? It’s really not worth sacrificing the relationship. There’s also a very big possibility that the situation will be so awkward that the sex will be bad – and we never want sex to be bad.
Also, do we all remember that episode of “Gossip Girl” when Penn Badgley had a threesome with that chick we all hated and Hilary Duff? What ended up happening is that Badgley kept focusing on that ugly girl, and Hilary Duff got all jealous and dumped him. Essentially, what we need to take away from this is that threesomes with people you know can get in between friendships. Can you imagine the drama that could be caused if your friend’s boyfriend pays more attention to you than to her? It’s best to just avoid that fight all together.
My suggestion is that you forget about this. Checking this off your bucket list isn’t worth all the trouble it could cause. If you really want to have a threesome, find a random couple at a club and have at it. And in case anyone asks why, you can just say you were under the influence.
Go explore your sexuality – it’s your time as a college student.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...