Create a costume

Halloween is fast-approaching, and most people have their costumes and plans set. But if you’re one of the few who still hasn’t decided what they’re going to dress up as this year, you might be stressing. Here are some easy and cheap costume ideas for the unprepared trick-or-treater.

1. Minions: Loved the minions from “Despicable Me?” Grab a group of friends and dress up in overalls, yellow T-shirts and black goggles. Tie a yellow handkerchief to your heads and get ready to take over the world, a la Gru.

2. Macklemore: For this genius costume, all you really need is a fur mink coat, $20 in your pocket and a broken keyboard. Take a trip to a local thrift shop and wear all the ridiculous things you can find. Nix the broken keyboard and try looking for your grandfather’s stylish velour sweatsuit from the ‘70s.

3. Clueless: In the mood to get as dolled up as Cher Horowitz? Put on your best red dress, a feather boa and heels. Top off the outfit with some shopping bags from upscale department stores and you’re dressed to play the part.

4. Target Lady from “SNL:” If you’re a fan of Kristen Wiig, there’s no doubt you’ve laughed hysterically at every “SNL” sketch with Target Lady. Grab a red vest and stick the Target logo on it; of course, it needs to be paired with a damn good impression of Wiig’s character. If you’re feeling ambitious, sport a short bob with bangs.

5. Baby North West: Want to be the richest baby in the world? Sport a pair of Kanye’s signature clubbing glasses, wear a pacifier, and attach a cutout of an “N” on a headband and a “W” on your left arm, indicating the north and the west, respectively. You’ll be looking like a $1 million (or really, $40 million to be precise – that’s the 4-month-old’s net worth).

6. Gatsby: Yeah, it might be overdone. But Leo inspired us all to keep the classic ‘20s-inspired look alive. Find a flapper dress at any local costume shop or put on your suit and tie. You’ll be the life of the party, old sport.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

Day Three of University of Miami football practice media viewing Friday inside the Carol Soffer Indo ...

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opened NCAA Tournament play with a 69-62 triump ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg saved her best for last at the 2019 NCAA Swimmin ...

In a battle between two of the ACC's best pitchers, No. 5 NC State mustered a fifth-inning rall ...

The Hurricanes top Duke, 4-3, to improve to 6-0 in conference action. ...

The Miami track and field team concluded day one of the Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge competing in t ...