Golden grateful for fan support

University of Miami students,

As we approach the midway point of our football season, I want to stop and take a moment to thank you for the effort you have put forth to improve the atmosphere inside Sun Life Stadium. I don’t know if you truly understand how important your role is in the grand scheme of our success, but please know how much our players and I appreciate each and every one of you who choose to support us on game day.

As we hit the home stretch of the ACC schedule, we need your presence and enthusiasm more than ever. And we need it for four quarters. The student section is the epicenter of our home field advantage, and we need you louder than ever during the fourth quarter.

We have three home games remaining on the schedule, and I sincerely hope that each of you will continue to support by packing that student section, dancing in the smoke, screaming on third down, joining us as we raise four fingers in the fourth quarter, and having a great time while you cheer on this team from the opening kick to the final whistle.

When that student section is packed, your presence, your voices and your energy can truly create a home field advantage, and this season you have done an outstanding job. I really can’t say it enough: Thank you all very much.

See you on Saturday!

Deserve victory,

Al Golden

Al Golden is the head football coach for the Miami Hurricanes.

Al Golden

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...