V's Take

Dear V: Help me dress like a slut…

V,

I don’t know what I am going to dress up as for Halloween. I went to the costume shop near Sunset Place and couldn’t decide what slutty persona to take on. Playboy bunny, hot pumpkin, firefighter with excellent pole-sliding skills or Miley Cyrus (VMA version, of course). What should I be to impress all of the sexy police officers, doctors and cavemen? Be honest with me. I have a great body and don’t want to hide it on the one day I can be a complete and utter slut.

Can’t Be Tamed

Dear Karen Smith,

Put your clothes back on.

I don’t care how great your body is, you are no Anna Nicole Smith circa 2001. Have some respect for your parents and practice some self-preservation.

I’m the first one to advocate wild behavior and relatively loose morals, but just because Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it, doesn’t mean it’s a free for all.

While I agree that the culture in this town is gearing more towards having to hang it all out there in order to attract male attention, I maintain that men can smell the desperate on you.

And you’ll definitely reek of Hoe No. 5 if you try to pull off any of these costumes.

You’re clearly a decent person if you’re second-guessing your outfit choices.

If you want my legitimate opinion, dress up in something that’s both sexy and classy … like Jessica Rabbit or Marilyn Monroe. Elegance is key, and a form-fitting red dress does wonders for your love life – especially if you have a body like the one you claim to have.

If I hear of a girl in leopard print lingerie with animal ears dancing on a bar in Brickell, I’ll know who they’re talking about … Don’t let that girl be you.

You should get closer to Jesus or something.

Advice Columnist

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...