V's Take

Dear V: Help me dress like a slut…

V,

I don’t know what I am going to dress up as for Halloween. I went to the costume shop near Sunset Place and couldn’t decide what slutty persona to take on. Playboy bunny, hot pumpkin, firefighter with excellent pole-sliding skills or Miley Cyrus (VMA version, of course). What should I be to impress all of the sexy police officers, doctors and cavemen? Be honest with me. I have a great body and don’t want to hide it on the one day I can be a complete and utter slut.

Can’t Be Tamed

Dear Karen Smith,

Put your clothes back on.

I don’t care how great your body is, you are no Anna Nicole Smith circa 2001. Have some respect for your parents and practice some self-preservation.

I’m the first one to advocate wild behavior and relatively loose morals, but just because Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it, doesn’t mean it’s a free for all.

While I agree that the culture in this town is gearing more towards having to hang it all out there in order to attract male attention, I maintain that men can smell the desperate on you.

And you’ll definitely reek of Hoe No. 5 if you try to pull off any of these costumes.

You’re clearly a decent person if you’re second-guessing your outfit choices.

If you want my legitimate opinion, dress up in something that’s both sexy and classy … like Jessica Rabbit or Marilyn Monroe. Elegance is key, and a form-fitting red dress does wonders for your love life – especially if you have a body like the one you claim to have.

If I hear of a girl in leopard print lingerie with animal ears dancing on a bar in Brickell, I’ll know who they’re talking about … Don’t let that girl be you.

You should get closer to Jesus or something.

Advice Columnist

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...