V's Take

Dear V: My boyfriend is a porn star…

V,

I was watching porn – guilty pleasure, I guess you could say – and someone I know appeared on the screen. Nope, it wasn’t a friend or an acquaintance … it was my boyfriend. I literally have no idea where to go from here. How do I tell him I saw him in porn? How do I tell him I even watch porn? I’m totally freaking out. Please help!

Sincerely,

My Bare Lady

Dear Zac Efron,

It must be really hard … seeing your boyfriend in a porno.

But in all seriousness, how did you not know your boyfriend had been in a porno? Something like this should come up in conversation. When you two made your lists of the people you’d been with before each other, he obviously failed to mention the Jenna Jameson look-alike and “Extra No. 2.”

You guys need to have a talk.

And if your boyfriend was in a porno, why do you need to watch porn? Shouldn’t you be satisfied enough with your real sex life since your boyfriend has been paid to have sex? Isn’t he supposed to be a professional? Unless his film was one of those trashy POV home-movie things that blow. Or maybe it was just really, really bad. This is a separate conversation, but if the two of you stay together, you’re going to need to re-evaluate your sexual chemistry.

In an attempt to not bruise his ego, I suggest you lie your little butt off and tell him that you enjoyed his movie more than you’ve ever enjoyed any other porno.

Regardless, he has some ‘splainin to do, Lucy.

What I would suggest is that you bring the conversation up subtly … or as subtly as one can bring something like this up. Watching porn is nothing to be ashamed of – and honestly, that’s the least of your relationship problems at this point. A boyfriend who’s been in porn definitely does not have the right to judge you for watching porn. Ever.

You should probably go out and get yourself tested. Chlamydia is no fun, and who knows where his junk has been? You need to think long and hard about the fact that through the transitive property, you’ve been having sex with a bunch of porn stars this whole time. And like, how many porn stars is that, exactly? More than five? More than 10? More than 20? I’m shuddering at the thought.

But let’s look at the bright side – you could potentially go into the business together. It can be a bonding thing that you do … like couple’s therapy.

Advice Columnist

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...