V's Take

Dear V: My boyfriend is a porn star…

V,

I was watching porn – guilty pleasure, I guess you could say – and someone I know appeared on the screen. Nope, it wasn’t a friend or an acquaintance … it was my boyfriend. I literally have no idea where to go from here. How do I tell him I saw him in porn? How do I tell him I even watch porn? I’m totally freaking out. Please help!

Sincerely,

My Bare Lady

Dear Zac Efron,

It must be really hard … seeing your boyfriend in a porno.

But in all seriousness, how did you not know your boyfriend had been in a porno? Something like this should come up in conversation. When you two made your lists of the people you’d been with before each other, he obviously failed to mention the Jenna Jameson look-alike and “Extra No. 2.”

You guys need to have a talk.

And if your boyfriend was in a porno, why do you need to watch porn? Shouldn’t you be satisfied enough with your real sex life since your boyfriend has been paid to have sex? Isn’t he supposed to be a professional? Unless his film was one of those trashy POV home-movie things that blow. Or maybe it was just really, really bad. This is a separate conversation, but if the two of you stay together, you’re going to need to re-evaluate your sexual chemistry.

In an attempt to not bruise his ego, I suggest you lie your little butt off and tell him that you enjoyed his movie more than you’ve ever enjoyed any other porno.

Regardless, he has some ‘splainin to do, Lucy.

What I would suggest is that you bring the conversation up subtly … or as subtly as one can bring something like this up. Watching porn is nothing to be ashamed of – and honestly, that’s the least of your relationship problems at this point. A boyfriend who’s been in porn definitely does not have the right to judge you for watching porn. Ever.

You should probably go out and get yourself tested. Chlamydia is no fun, and who knows where his junk has been? You need to think long and hard about the fact that through the transitive property, you’ve been having sex with a bunch of porn stars this whole time. And like, how many porn stars is that, exactly? More than five? More than 10? More than 20? I’m shuddering at the thought.

But let’s look at the bright side – you could potentially go into the business together. It can be a bonding thing that you do … like couple’s therapy.

Advice Columnist

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

New technology could help schools identify shooters and other intruders before they enter the door. ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...