V's Take

Dear V: My boyfriend is a porn star…

V,

I was watching porn – guilty pleasure, I guess you could say – and someone I know appeared on the screen. Nope, it wasn’t a friend or an acquaintance … it was my boyfriend. I literally have no idea where to go from here. How do I tell him I saw him in porn? How do I tell him I even watch porn? I’m totally freaking out. Please help!

Sincerely,

My Bare Lady

Dear Zac Efron,

It must be really hard … seeing your boyfriend in a porno.

But in all seriousness, how did you not know your boyfriend had been in a porno? Something like this should come up in conversation. When you two made your lists of the people you’d been with before each other, he obviously failed to mention the Jenna Jameson look-alike and “Extra No. 2.”

You guys need to have a talk.

And if your boyfriend was in a porno, why do you need to watch porn? Shouldn’t you be satisfied enough with your real sex life since your boyfriend has been paid to have sex? Isn’t he supposed to be a professional? Unless his film was one of those trashy POV home-movie things that blow. Or maybe it was just really, really bad. This is a separate conversation, but if the two of you stay together, you’re going to need to re-evaluate your sexual chemistry.

In an attempt to not bruise his ego, I suggest you lie your little butt off and tell him that you enjoyed his movie more than you’ve ever enjoyed any other porno.

Regardless, he has some ‘splainin to do, Lucy.

What I would suggest is that you bring the conversation up subtly … or as subtly as one can bring something like this up. Watching porn is nothing to be ashamed of – and honestly, that’s the least of your relationship problems at this point. A boyfriend who’s been in porn definitely does not have the right to judge you for watching porn. Ever.

You should probably go out and get yourself tested. Chlamydia is no fun, and who knows where his junk has been? You need to think long and hard about the fact that through the transitive property, you’ve been having sex with a bunch of porn stars this whole time. And like, how many porn stars is that, exactly? More than five? More than 10? More than 20? I’m shuddering at the thought.

But let’s look at the bright side – you could potentially go into the business together. It can be a bonding thing that you do … like couple’s therapy.

Advice Columnist

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

Day Three of University of Miami football practice media viewing Friday inside the Carol Soffer Indo ...

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opened NCAA Tournament play with a 69-62 triump ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg saved her best for last at the 2019 NCAA Swimmin ...

In a battle between two of the ACC's best pitchers, No. 5 NC State mustered a fifth-inning rall ...

The Hurricanes top Duke, 4-3, to improve to 6-0 in conference action. ...

The Miami track and field team concluded day one of the Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge competing in t ...