News, Student Government

Student Government election results

Student Government Senate election results were announced Thursday at the Rock. Twenty-three students were elected, and one seat was not filled.

A runoff election will be held for the Stanford Residential College seat that will begin Monday and end Wednesday with results announced Wednesday afternoon.

In addition to electing senators, students were also able to vote on the student media referendum that will increase student fees by $6 each semester. The referendum passed and will help provide funding for The Miami Hurricane and WVUM.

School senators
College of Arts and Sciences: David Braka and Ishpreet Singh
Frost School of Music: Jacob Rudolph
School of Business: Matt Getzoff
School of Communication: Renee Pauline Perez
School of Education: Sam Jazzo
RSMAS: Grace Roskar

Residential
College/COMMUTER Senators

Hecht: Jo Napolitano
Mahoney: Melissa Wyatt
Pearson: O’Shane Elliot
University Village: Jared Payne
Eaton: Faith Desautels
Stanford: No seat filled. Runoff election to take place.
Commuter: Roly Calderin, Daniel Narciso and Megan McCrink

Class senators

Freshman: Adam Levine and Connor Masterson
Sophomore: Nicole Brown and Brianna Hathaway
Junior: Kelly Marie Castro and Emily York
Senior: Monica Bahamon and Jennifer Kesten

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...