News, Student Government

Student Government election results

Student Government Senate election results were announced Thursday at the Rock. Twenty-three students were elected, and one seat was not filled.

A runoff election will be held for the Stanford Residential College seat that will begin Monday and end Wednesday with results announced Wednesday afternoon.

In addition to electing senators, students were also able to vote on the student media referendum that will increase student fees by $6 each semester. The referendum passed and will help provide funding for The Miami Hurricane and WVUM.

School senators
College of Arts and Sciences: David Braka and Ishpreet Singh
Frost School of Music: Jacob Rudolph
School of Business: Matt Getzoff
School of Communication: Renee Pauline Perez
School of Education: Sam Jazzo
RSMAS: Grace Roskar

Residential
College/COMMUTER Senators

Hecht: Jo Napolitano
Mahoney: Melissa Wyatt
Pearson: O’Shane Elliot
University Village: Jared Payne
Eaton: Faith Desautels
Stanford: No seat filled. Runoff election to take place.
Commuter: Roly Calderin, Daniel Narciso and Megan McCrink

Class senators

Freshman: Adam Levine and Connor Masterson
Sophomore: Nicole Brown and Brianna Hathaway
Junior: Kelly Marie Castro and Emily York
Senior: Monica Bahamon and Jennifer Kesten

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

Day Three of University of Miami football practice media viewing Friday inside the Carol Soffer Indo ...

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opened NCAA Tournament play with a 69-62 triump ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg saved her best for last at the 2019 NCAA Swimmin ...

In a battle between two of the ACC's best pitchers, No. 5 NC State mustered a fifth-inning rall ...

The Hurricanes top Duke, 4-3, to improve to 6-0 in conference action. ...

The Miami track and field team concluded day one of the Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge competing in t ...