News, Student Government

Student Government election results

Student Government Senate election results were announced Thursday at the Rock. Twenty-three students were elected, and one seat was not filled.

A runoff election will be held for the Stanford Residential College seat that will begin Monday and end Wednesday with results announced Wednesday afternoon.

In addition to electing senators, students were also able to vote on the student media referendum that will increase student fees by $6 each semester. The referendum passed and will help provide funding for The Miami Hurricane and WVUM.

School senators
College of Arts and Sciences: David Braka and Ishpreet Singh
Frost School of Music: Jacob Rudolph
School of Business: Matt Getzoff
School of Communication: Renee Pauline Perez
School of Education: Sam Jazzo
RSMAS: Grace Roskar

Residential
College/COMMUTER Senators

Hecht: Jo Napolitano
Mahoney: Melissa Wyatt
Pearson: O’Shane Elliot
University Village: Jared Payne
Eaton: Faith Desautels
Stanford: No seat filled. Runoff election to take place.
Commuter: Roly Calderin, Daniel Narciso and Megan McCrink

Class senators

Freshman: Adam Levine and Connor Masterson
Sophomore: Nicole Brown and Brianna Hathaway
Junior: Kelly Marie Castro and Emily York
Senior: Monica Bahamon and Jennifer Kesten

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...