News, Student Government

Student Government election results

Student Government Senate election results were announced Thursday at the Rock. Twenty-three students were elected, and one seat was not filled.

A runoff election will be held for the Stanford Residential College seat that will begin Monday and end Wednesday with results announced Wednesday afternoon.

In addition to electing senators, students were also able to vote on the student media referendum that will increase student fees by $6 each semester. The referendum passed and will help provide funding for The Miami Hurricane and WVUM.

School senators
College of Arts and Sciences: David Braka and Ishpreet Singh
Frost School of Music: Jacob Rudolph
School of Business: Matt Getzoff
School of Communication: Renee Pauline Perez
School of Education: Sam Jazzo
RSMAS: Grace Roskar

Residential
College/COMMUTER Senators

Hecht: Jo Napolitano
Mahoney: Melissa Wyatt
Pearson: O’Shane Elliot
University Village: Jared Payne
Eaton: Faith Desautels
Stanford: No seat filled. Runoff election to take place.
Commuter: Roly Calderin, Daniel Narciso and Megan McCrink

Class senators

Freshman: Adam Levine and Connor Masterson
Sophomore: Nicole Brown and Brianna Hathaway
Junior: Kelly Marie Castro and Emily York
Senior: Monica Bahamon and Jennifer Kesten

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...