Staff Speaks Up 10/7

Who has been the best speaker you’ve seen on  campus?

Assistant Multimedia Editor Danny Cepero: “I was able to interview Jon Landau, the producer of ‘Titanic’ and ‘Avatar,’ on campus and that has been one of my favorite memories here at UM. He spoke about his inspirations, experiences, how he got to where he is, and he gave us advice to succeed in the film industry.“

News Editor Alexander Gonzalez: “Gail Paster, former director of the Folger Shakespeare Library, has been my favorite speaker. Her lecture on ‘King Lear’ changed the way I think about this great play, and I can’t imagine what it takes to lead the world’s largest collection of Shakespeare materials.”

Opinion Editor Lyssa Goldberg: “Seeing Jane Goodall was one of my favorite experiences, mostly because when she posed for a picture with student media, she said, ‘One, two, three, chimpanzee.’”

Assistant Editor Ashley Martinez: “Temple Grandin is a pioneer in autism studies, and she is actually autistic, so hearing her first person account enriched my understanding of the disorder and its challenges.”

Managing Editor Nicky Diaz: “It was really interesting to hear Andy Cohen talk. He has so much experience in the entertainment industry and has achieved so much. It was great to hear what he thought of the industry’s future, considering he’s behind so many popular shows like ‘The Real Housewives’ and ‘Top Chef.’”

The Asa Martin era for the Miami Hurricanes might be coming to an end just six months after it began ...

Avantae Williams and Lorenzo Lingard punctuated Paradise Camp with a chest bump. The Miami Hurricane ...

Sebastian the Ibis of the University of Miami displayed tremendous defense in leading the Pizza Hut ...

June is one of the most important months in the recruiting calendar and the Miami Hurricanes finishe ...

A six-pack of notes from UM’s annual Paradise Camp on Saturday: ▪ Few Canes greats have as unique a ...

Alumna Lauren Crotty reflects on her undergraduate experience and the path that lead her to signing ...

The U.S. women’s national soccer team, competing for the World Cup in France, is entrenched in a cou ...

In the first course of its kind on a college campus, faculty, staff, and students will learn if they ...

University of Miami Libraries is working to establish a University archive of LGBTQ materials. ...

University of Miami football players and coaches mentored area youth at a free football clinic in Ho ...

Five members of the Miami women's tennis team earned All-ACC Academic Team distinction, as anno ...

Eight Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the conference with selections to the Track an ...

Franco Aubone and Francisco Bastias of the University of Miami men's tennis team were selected ...

UM forward Dewan Hernandez was selected 59th overall by the Toronto Raptors in the 2019 NBA Draft. ...

Check out the June edition of UM Athletics' e-magazine. ...