Staff Speaks Up 10/7

Who has been the best speaker you’ve seen on  campus?

Assistant Multimedia Editor Danny Cepero: “I was able to interview Jon Landau, the producer of ‘Titanic’ and ‘Avatar,’ on campus and that has been one of my favorite memories here at UM. He spoke about his inspirations, experiences, how he got to where he is, and he gave us advice to succeed in the film industry.“

News Editor Alexander Gonzalez: “Gail Paster, former director of the Folger Shakespeare Library, has been my favorite speaker. Her lecture on ‘King Lear’ changed the way I think about this great play, and I can’t imagine what it takes to lead the world’s largest collection of Shakespeare materials.”

Opinion Editor Lyssa Goldberg: “Seeing Jane Goodall was one of my favorite experiences, mostly because when she posed for a picture with student media, she said, ‘One, two, three, chimpanzee.’”

Assistant Editor Ashley Martinez: “Temple Grandin is a pioneer in autism studies, and she is actually autistic, so hearing her first person account enriched my understanding of the disorder and its challenges.”

Managing Editor Nicky Diaz: “It was really interesting to hear Andy Cohen talk. He has so much experience in the entertainment industry and has achieved so much. It was great to hear what he thought of the industry’s future, considering he’s behind so many popular shows like ‘The Real Housewives’ and ‘Top Chef.’”

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...