Staff Speaks Up 10/7

Who has been the best speaker you’ve seen on  campus?

Assistant Multimedia Editor Danny Cepero: “I was able to interview Jon Landau, the producer of ‘Titanic’ and ‘Avatar,’ on campus and that has been one of my favorite memories here at UM. He spoke about his inspirations, experiences, how he got to where he is, and he gave us advice to succeed in the film industry.“

News Editor Alexander Gonzalez: “Gail Paster, former director of the Folger Shakespeare Library, has been my favorite speaker. Her lecture on ‘King Lear’ changed the way I think about this great play, and I can’t imagine what it takes to lead the world’s largest collection of Shakespeare materials.”

Opinion Editor Lyssa Goldberg: “Seeing Jane Goodall was one of my favorite experiences, mostly because when she posed for a picture with student media, she said, ‘One, two, three, chimpanzee.’”

Assistant Editor Ashley Martinez: “Temple Grandin is a pioneer in autism studies, and she is actually autistic, so hearing her first person account enriched my understanding of the disorder and its challenges.”

Managing Editor Nicky Diaz: “It was really interesting to hear Andy Cohen talk. He has so much experience in the entertainment industry and has achieved so much. It was great to hear what he thought of the industry’s future, considering he’s behind so many popular shows like ‘The Real Housewives’ and ‘Top Chef.’”

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

Day Three of University of Miami football practice media viewing Friday inside the Carol Soffer Indo ...

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opened NCAA Tournament play with a 69-62 triump ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg saved her best for last at the 2019 NCAA Swimmin ...

In a battle between two of the ACC's best pitchers, No. 5 NC State mustered a fifth-inning rall ...

The Hurricanes top Duke, 4-3, to improve to 6-0 in conference action. ...

The Miami track and field team concluded day one of the Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge competing in t ...