V's Take

Dear V: My friends call me a cougar…

V,

I’m not sure why, but I always find myself attracted to younger guys. I’m 21, but most of the boys I like are 18 to 20 years old. My friends constantly make fun of me and call me a cradle-robber and a cougar. It’s not like I do it on purpose; it just so happens that the guys I find myself attracted to turn out to be younger than me. Is it really that bad? Should I try to overcome this?

Sincerely,

Mrs. Robinson

Dear Selena Gomez,

I’m going to preface all of this with the following: if you so wish to cradle-rob an immaculately sculpted member of One Direction and don’t feel like dealing with the older douches that populate Miami, by all means do so. You have my complete and total support in your fawning over Harry Styles.

Also, tell your friends to grow up. We’ve all been there. There is no shame in liking someone younger, so long as it’s legal. The general rule is that the youngest you should go is half your age plus seven, but since we’re still at a time in our lives when that means 17, you should probably stick to people that have, at the very least, graduated high school.

I tend to tell people to stay away from younger partners in general, just because it can be difficult to match up with somebody who may not be in the same place as you emotionally. But if you’re with someone younger and it’s going well, there’s no reason for letting anything stop you.

We’ve all heard the phrase, “age is just a number,” and I hate to say that and mean it, but it’s true. At the end of the day, dating someone three years younger or older than you doesn’t matter when what you want is some company for those lonely nights. And more importantly, a good lay is a good lay.

I know that ultimately Selena and Justin broke up, but that had less to do with the age difference and more to do with the fact that J. Biebs was acting like a giant ass, so don’t be discouraged.

Get on that cute freshman – he needs an older woman to whip him into shape.

Sincerely,

Advice Columnist

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...