V's Take

Dear V: My friends call me a cougar…

V,

I’m not sure why, but I always find myself attracted to younger guys. I’m 21, but most of the boys I like are 18 to 20 years old. My friends constantly make fun of me and call me a cradle-robber and a cougar. It’s not like I do it on purpose; it just so happens that the guys I find myself attracted to turn out to be younger than me. Is it really that bad? Should I try to overcome this?

Sincerely,

Mrs. Robinson

Dear Selena Gomez,

I’m going to preface all of this with the following: if you so wish to cradle-rob an immaculately sculpted member of One Direction and don’t feel like dealing with the older douches that populate Miami, by all means do so. You have my complete and total support in your fawning over Harry Styles.

Also, tell your friends to grow up. We’ve all been there. There is no shame in liking someone younger, so long as it’s legal. The general rule is that the youngest you should go is half your age plus seven, but since we’re still at a time in our lives when that means 17, you should probably stick to people that have, at the very least, graduated high school.

I tend to tell people to stay away from younger partners in general, just because it can be difficult to match up with somebody who may not be in the same place as you emotionally. But if you’re with someone younger and it’s going well, there’s no reason for letting anything stop you.

We’ve all heard the phrase, “age is just a number,” and I hate to say that and mean it, but it’s true. At the end of the day, dating someone three years younger or older than you doesn’t matter when what you want is some company for those lonely nights. And more importantly, a good lay is a good lay.

I know that ultimately Selena and Justin broke up, but that had less to do with the age difference and more to do with the fact that J. Biebs was acting like a giant ass, so don’t be discouraged.

Get on that cute freshman – he needs an older woman to whip him into shape.

Sincerely,

Advice Columnist

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

Day Three of University of Miami football practice media viewing Friday inside the Carol Soffer Indo ...

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opened NCAA Tournament play with a 69-62 triump ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg saved her best for last at the 2019 NCAA Swimmin ...

In a battle between two of the ACC's best pitchers, No. 5 NC State mustered a fifth-inning rall ...

The Hurricanes top Duke, 4-3, to improve to 6-0 in conference action. ...

The Miami track and field team concluded day one of the Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge competing in t ...