V's Take

Dear V: My friends call me a cougar…

V,

I’m not sure why, but I always find myself attracted to younger guys. I’m 21, but most of the boys I like are 18 to 20 years old. My friends constantly make fun of me and call me a cradle-robber and a cougar. It’s not like I do it on purpose; it just so happens that the guys I find myself attracted to turn out to be younger than me. Is it really that bad? Should I try to overcome this?

Sincerely,

Mrs. Robinson

Dear Selena Gomez,

I’m going to preface all of this with the following: if you so wish to cradle-rob an immaculately sculpted member of One Direction and don’t feel like dealing with the older douches that populate Miami, by all means do so. You have my complete and total support in your fawning over Harry Styles.

Also, tell your friends to grow up. We’ve all been there. There is no shame in liking someone younger, so long as it’s legal. The general rule is that the youngest you should go is half your age plus seven, but since we’re still at a time in our lives when that means 17, you should probably stick to people that have, at the very least, graduated high school.

I tend to tell people to stay away from younger partners in general, just because it can be difficult to match up with somebody who may not be in the same place as you emotionally. But if you’re with someone younger and it’s going well, there’s no reason for letting anything stop you.

We’ve all heard the phrase, “age is just a number,” and I hate to say that and mean it, but it’s true. At the end of the day, dating someone three years younger or older than you doesn’t matter when what you want is some company for those lonely nights. And more importantly, a good lay is a good lay.

I know that ultimately Selena and Justin broke up, but that had less to do with the age difference and more to do with the fact that J. Biebs was acting like a giant ass, so don’t be discouraged.

Get on that cute freshman – he needs an older woman to whip him into shape.

Sincerely,

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...