Blogs

“Has Anyone Seen My Footy Pajamas?” Inaugural Address

elaine-dance

Hello everyone, and welcome to Has Anyone Seen my Footy Pajamas? My name is Danny New, and sometimes I get worried that my knee-high white socks aren’t earning me enough “cred” on the basketball court.

This blog is different than any you have seen. Most are centered on trying to give a good impression and making yourself seem cooler as you sit in your underwear on a Friday night blogging about Pretty Little Liars.

However, I am totally open about jeering at my quirky, goofy demeanor. It may not always be apparent, but I hold onto a dorky, awkward side that is unleashed at the worst occasions; and I am not hiding it from anyone. Laughing at my mistakes and silly anecdotes are just too entertaining to be withheld from the world.

Awkward things that have happened to me since I arrived in Miami:

• While in line at a club in the Coconut Grove, a strange man offered me some “White Girl,” and I replied, “Where is she?”
    • Apparently “White Girl” is another name for cocaine – nobody told me.
  • I stood in a gas station for a half hour waiting for an employee to come fill my fuel canister. (#JerseyStrong)
  • I excitedly asked when the Muggle Quidditch Team was ordering Varsity Jackets.

In other words, I am proud to be part of an elite group of people who thrive off of being unusual and silly. People who obsess over corny puns. People who get all fuzzy inside when they buy tropical colored post-it notes. People who still say “swag.”

Now, I’m not saying that I have no friends and that I am a miserable outcast, because I’m not. I’m a Broadcast Journalism major and I love talking to people and being the center of attention. That being said, that attention usually stems from me tripping over an abnormally large dust particle.

In other words, I’m goofy. I’m childish. I’m different. And best of all, I want to tell you about it.

COMING UP NEXT: “Mayonnaise…Condiment of the gods?”

Danny New

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...