News, Student Government

Student Government elections extended by one day

Student Government (SG) elections began Monday and were planned to continue until Wednesday, providing five hours each day to vote, which is required by a SG constitutional rule.

Results were originally planned to be announced Wednesday afternoon, but unexpected technical issues arose on Monday.

According to SG Press Secretary, Adam Orshan, there were problems with the computers used for voting, and by the time the issue was fixed, there wasn’t enough time left to allow the required five hours for voting that day. Because of these time constraints, the voting period was extended by one day.

Some of the different voting categories are class senators, college senators and the student media referendum.

The student media referendum proposes to raise the student activity fee by $6 to allocate money to improve The Miami Hurricane and WVUM, and to keep them strong as they continue to provide information and entertainment to campus. In order for the referendum to be passed, there needs to be a majority of 51 percent of people who vote for it.

Today is the last day to vote. Voting ends at 4 p.m. and results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. at the Rock.

Emily Dabau

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...