News, Student Government

Student Government elections extended by one day

Student Government (SG) elections began Monday and were planned to continue until Wednesday, providing five hours each day to vote, which is required by a SG constitutional rule.

Results were originally planned to be announced Wednesday afternoon, but unexpected technical issues arose on Monday.

According to SG Press Secretary, Adam Orshan, there were problems with the computers used for voting, and by the time the issue was fixed, there wasn’t enough time left to allow the required five hours for voting that day. Because of these time constraints, the voting period was extended by one day.

Some of the different voting categories are class senators, college senators and the student media referendum.

The student media referendum proposes to raise the student activity fee by $6 to allocate money to improve The Miami Hurricane and WVUM, and to keep them strong as they continue to provide information and entertainment to campus. In order for the referendum to be passed, there needs to be a majority of 51 percent of people who vote for it.

Today is the last day to vote. Voting ends at 4 p.m. and results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. at the Rock.

Emily Dabau

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...