News, Student Government

Student Government elections extended by one day

Student Government (SG) elections began Monday and were planned to continue until Wednesday, providing five hours each day to vote, which is required by a SG constitutional rule.

Results were originally planned to be announced Wednesday afternoon, but unexpected technical issues arose on Monday.

According to SG Press Secretary, Adam Orshan, there were problems with the computers used for voting, and by the time the issue was fixed, there wasn’t enough time left to allow the required five hours for voting that day. Because of these time constraints, the voting period was extended by one day.

Some of the different voting categories are class senators, college senators and the student media referendum.

The student media referendum proposes to raise the student activity fee by $6 to allocate money to improve The Miami Hurricane and WVUM, and to keep them strong as they continue to provide information and entertainment to campus. In order for the referendum to be passed, there needs to be a majority of 51 percent of people who vote for it.

Today is the last day to vote. Voting ends at 4 p.m. and results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. at the Rock.

Emily Dabau

Universities are banding together to oppose a new immigration policy that could adversely impact int

The University of Miami student publications were recognized with multiple awards by the Society for

Hoping to ease hurdles for students to apply to master’s and doctoral programs, a new policy will re

Immunologist Natasa Strbo and her team are using their work on vaccines for HIV, malaria, and Zika t

Xavier Cortada leads the Miami Corona Project, an art program presented as part of the University of