News, Student Government

Student Government elections extended by one day

Student Government (SG) elections began Monday and were planned to continue until Wednesday, providing five hours each day to vote, which is required by a SG constitutional rule.

Results were originally planned to be announced Wednesday afternoon, but unexpected technical issues arose on Monday.

According to SG Press Secretary, Adam Orshan, there were problems with the computers used for voting, and by the time the issue was fixed, there wasn’t enough time left to allow the required five hours for voting that day. Because of these time constraints, the voting period was extended by one day.

Some of the different voting categories are class senators, college senators and the student media referendum.

The student media referendum proposes to raise the student activity fee by $6 to allocate money to improve The Miami Hurricane and WVUM, and to keep them strong as they continue to provide information and entertainment to campus. In order for the referendum to be passed, there needs to be a majority of 51 percent of people who vote for it.

Today is the last day to vote. Voting ends at 4 p.m. and results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. at the Rock.

Emily Dabau

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...