News, Student Government

Student Government elections extended by one day

Student Government (SG) elections began Monday and were planned to continue until Wednesday, providing five hours each day to vote, which is required by a SG constitutional rule.

Results were originally planned to be announced Wednesday afternoon, but unexpected technical issues arose on Monday.

According to SG Press Secretary, Adam Orshan, there were problems with the computers used for voting, and by the time the issue was fixed, there wasn’t enough time left to allow the required five hours for voting that day. Because of these time constraints, the voting period was extended by one day.

Some of the different voting categories are class senators, college senators and the student media referendum.

The student media referendum proposes to raise the student activity fee by $6 to allocate money to improve The Miami Hurricane and WVUM, and to keep them strong as they continue to provide information and entertainment to campus. In order for the referendum to be passed, there needs to be a majority of 51 percent of people who vote for it.

Today is the last day to vote. Voting ends at 4 p.m. and results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. at the Rock.

Emily Dabau

Miami couldn’t in-bound the ball. When the host Hurricanes’ women’s basketball team looks back at Su ...

Offensive line is always one of the biggest needs for the Miami Hurricanes on the recruiting trail a ...

When Manny Diaz briefly left the Miami Hurricanes to become the coach of the Temple Owls, Keshawn Wa ...

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The words “Sweet 16” may never have been uttered as the Miami Hurricanes were laying out their prese ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team will play fifth-seeded Arizona State in a top-2 ...

A ninth inning rally pushed No. 5 NC State past the Canes on Sunday afternoon. ...

Miami's stellar season came to end Sunday, as the Hurricanes fell to ASU, 57-55, in the NCAA To ...

Despite Estela Perez-Somarriba logging a top-five triumph for the 100th win of her career, the No. 2 ...

Facing No. 11 North Carolina on its home court, the University of Miami men's tennis team got o ...