Cut corners, costs

Now a month into the semester, your funds are dwindling. Why can’t Jamba Juice be free? Why do you always forget how much parking will cost you? Fear not. This guide will help you save cash and get filthy rich in no time.

Go dumpster diving.

Afraid of getting dirty? Who are you kidding? You’ve been to frat parties.

Stop using laundry detergent.

Who needs laundry detergent when there are soap dispensers all over campus? You own Tupperware. Stock up

Make your own protein powder.

Think like your ancient ancestors and rely on the natural world to help you achieve that coveted frat look, rather than GMC. How much protein is in grass? How much protein is in a lizard? What about gravel? You have a blender. Discover what works best, and don’t tell your friends when you find out.

Shave your head.

Shampoo, conditioner and hair products get expensive. Haircuts get expensive, too. So just rid yourself of hair entirely.

Help yourself at restaurants.

There’s no rule against helping yourself to as many napkins as you need. The same goes for ketchup packets. When you leave the table, shove enough creamers into your purse to fill up a milk glass at home. Pockets are for salt and pepper packets. Bras should be stuffed with aspartame-free sugar.

Save your bucks at the bar.

Bring your own pint in a flask, order a Coke and mix yourself a drink. The bartender can use a break. And don’t try to impress anyone by buying them drinks. You’ll be enjoying your considerably cheaper beverage, laughing at everyone who hasn’t yet figured out how to save money like a grown up.

Hunter Wright is a sophomore majoring in creative writing.

Hunter Wright

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has awarded the University of Miami a 2019 NCAA ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...