News Briefs 9/23

Tickets Available

Tickets for “An Evening with Ray Lewis” will be distributed at 8 a.m. Monday at the UC Ticket Window. Students with a valid Cane Card can receive one ticket for the 6 p.m. or the 8 p.m. presentation on Oct. 2. The event is a collaboration between Hurricane Productions and Student Government. For more information, visit facebook.com/events/586487098064115.

Heritage Month

The opening ceremonies for Hispanic Heritage Month will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the UC Rock. The festivities continue at 7 p.m. Friday with “Salsa Dance: Learn the Movement” in the UC Flamingo Ballrooms. Latin Cuisine will be served in the Hecht-Stanford and Mahoney-Pearson dining halls on Oct. 2.

Free Concert

A free one-hour electronic music extravaganza, 60 X 60, will take place at 8 p.m. Monday in the Clarke Recital Hall in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. Featuring new works by faculty and students, there will be 60 one-minute slices of back-to-back music. The 60 X 60 events are presented around the world featuring music by up-and-coming as well as established composers in an audience-friendly order.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...