News Briefs 9/23

Tickets Available

Tickets for “An Evening with Ray Lewis” will be distributed at 8 a.m. Monday at the UC Ticket Window. Students with a valid Cane Card can receive one ticket for the 6 p.m. or the 8 p.m. presentation on Oct. 2. The event is a collaboration between Hurricane Productions and Student Government. For more information, visit facebook.com/events/586487098064115.

Heritage Month

The opening ceremonies for Hispanic Heritage Month will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the UC Rock. The festivities continue at 7 p.m. Friday with “Salsa Dance: Learn the Movement” in the UC Flamingo Ballrooms. Latin Cuisine will be served in the Hecht-Stanford and Mahoney-Pearson dining halls on Oct. 2.

Free Concert

A free one-hour electronic music extravaganza, 60 X 60, will take place at 8 p.m. Monday in the Clarke Recital Hall in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. Featuring new works by faculty and students, there will be 60 one-minute slices of back-to-back music. The 60 X 60 events are presented around the world featuring music by up-and-coming as well as established composers in an audience-friendly order.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...