News Briefs 9/23

Tickets Available

Tickets for “An Evening with Ray Lewis” will be distributed at 8 a.m. Monday at the UC Ticket Window. Students with a valid Cane Card can receive one ticket for the 6 p.m. or the 8 p.m. presentation on Oct. 2. The event is a collaboration between Hurricane Productions and Student Government. For more information, visit facebook.com/events/586487098064115.

Heritage Month

The opening ceremonies for Hispanic Heritage Month will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the UC Rock. The festivities continue at 7 p.m. Friday with “Salsa Dance: Learn the Movement” in the UC Flamingo Ballrooms. Latin Cuisine will be served in the Hecht-Stanford and Mahoney-Pearson dining halls on Oct. 2.

Free Concert

A free one-hour electronic music extravaganza, 60 X 60, will take place at 8 p.m. Monday in the Clarke Recital Hall in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. Featuring new works by faculty and students, there will be 60 one-minute slices of back-to-back music. The 60 X 60 events are presented around the world featuring music by up-and-coming as well as established composers in an audience-friendly order.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School lecture series continue this spring

As the coronavirus swept into South Florida, students in the inaugural Your Health, Your Immune Syst

Levels of bacteria dropped only days after the COVID-19 pandemic forced the closure of recreational

The University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas hosted an online seminar Wednes

Ariel Rose, a Frost School of Music graduate, talks about her experience at the University of Miami