Sports Briefs 9/16

GOLF
The women’s golf team finished seventh this weekend at the Mary Fossum Invitational in East Lansing, Mich. Miami junior Leticia Ras-Anderica turned in Miami’s best individual performance, shooting a 12-over 228 for the tournament.
Michigan State took home the team title, followed by Ohio State, Notre Dame, Northwestern and Oregon rounding out the top five.
CROSS COUNTRY
Miami traveled to the 2013 Mountain Dew Invitational at the University of Florida, placing high in numerous events. Lindsi Arrington finished ninth in the women’s 6K race, while Sean Pezzulo had the best result for the men. He ended up 24th in the men’s 8K race.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Spencer Dandes

The Miami Hurricanes returned to the football field Tuesday, their first spring at the Carol Soffer ...

So much for the suspense of Selection Monday. The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t ...

The University of Miami women’s basketball team didn’t have to wait until Monday night’s Selection S ...

Nearly three months have passed since we last saw the Miami Hurricanes perform on a football field, ...

Manny Diaz begins his first spring practice as UM’s head football coach on Tuesday, and nobody — not ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

Three School of Architecture students recount their first day in Switzerland, and some of the archit ...

In the aftermath of the powerful tornado that devastated a rural Alabama community, a UM storm exper ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

The Canes return home for a week, beginning a five-game homestand with a midweek series against Colu ...

The University of Miami women's track and field program rank eighth in the preseason edition of ...

New Hurricanes wide receiver K.J. Osborn was swayed by what he saw on his television set in early Ja ...

Images from the No. 27 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 triumph over No. 42 Notre Dame at t ...