Sports Briefs 9/16

GOLF
The women’s golf team finished seventh this weekend at the Mary Fossum Invitational in East Lansing, Mich. Miami junior Leticia Ras-Anderica turned in Miami’s best individual performance, shooting a 12-over 228 for the tournament.
Michigan State took home the team title, followed by Ohio State, Notre Dame, Northwestern and Oregon rounding out the top five.
CROSS COUNTRY
Miami traveled to the 2013 Mountain Dew Invitational at the University of Florida, placing high in numerous events. Lindsi Arrington finished ninth in the women’s 6K race, while Sean Pezzulo had the best result for the men. He ended up 24th in the men’s 8K race.

Spencer Dandes may be emailed at sports@themiamihurricane.com.

Spencer Dandes

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...