Edge, Food

Last-minute guide to enjoy Miami Spice

[imagebrowser id=1] [fresh_divider style=”solid”]

Looking for a good meal on a budget? Take advantage of the last couple weeks of Miami Spice, which ends Sept. 30. The event hosts more than 150 restaurants and offers participants prix fixe, three-course meals for prices ranging between $19 and $39.

Here are The Miami Hurricane’s top four spots to check out and chow down.

Talavera Cocina Mexicana

Lunch, $19

If you want the best Mexican restaurant off Miracle Mile, you want to go have lunch at Talavera. You can never go wrong with guacamole and cheese. Treat yourself! Talavera offers their Miami Spice lunch menu everyday of the week.

Talavera Cocina Mexicana is located at 2299 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables.  

Fontana

Lunch, $23

Fontana is the courtyard Italian restaurant located at the historic Biltmore Hotel. Anything you order is guaranteed to be excellent. If you’re a fan of tiramisu, this place is a must. Fontana offers their Miami Spice lunch menu Monday though Saturday.

Fontana is located at 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables.

Pubbelly

Dinner, $33

Take the trip to the beach for Pubbelly. You won’t regret it. The shortrib dumpling is out of this world. Warning: It will make you shed a tear after you eat it and realize it’s over. The only downside to Pubbelly is that it can get packed fast, so arrive early or prepare to wait. Pubbelly offers their Miami Spice dinner menu every day of the week.

Pubbelly is located at 1418 20th St., Miami Beach.

The Bazaar by Jose Andres

Dinner, $39

Located in the SLS Hotel South Beach, the Bazaar by Jose Andres is the restaurant participating in Miami Spice that you don’t want to miss out on. The croquetas de jamon will have you rolling your eyes back with each bite you take into the gooey core. The Chinese bun and pork belly make the bao con lechon one of the best dishes offered. The Bazaar offers their Miami Spice dinner menu Sunday through Thursday.

The Bazaar is located at 1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.

Frank Malvar

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...