Edge, Food

Last-minute guide to enjoy Miami Spice

[imagebrowser id=1] [fresh_divider style=”solid”]

Looking for a good meal on a budget? Take advantage of the last couple weeks of Miami Spice, which ends Sept. 30. The event hosts more than 150 restaurants and offers participants prix fixe, three-course meals for prices ranging between $19 and $39.

Here are The Miami Hurricane’s top four spots to check out and chow down.

Talavera Cocina Mexicana

Lunch, $19

If you want the best Mexican restaurant off Miracle Mile, you want to go have lunch at Talavera. You can never go wrong with guacamole and cheese. Treat yourself! Talavera offers their Miami Spice lunch menu everyday of the week.

Talavera Cocina Mexicana is located at 2299 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables.  

Fontana

Lunch, $23

Fontana is the courtyard Italian restaurant located at the historic Biltmore Hotel. Anything you order is guaranteed to be excellent. If you’re a fan of tiramisu, this place is a must. Fontana offers their Miami Spice lunch menu Monday though Saturday.

Fontana is located at 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables.

Pubbelly

Dinner, $33

Take the trip to the beach for Pubbelly. You won’t regret it. The shortrib dumpling is out of this world. Warning: It will make you shed a tear after you eat it and realize it’s over. The only downside to Pubbelly is that it can get packed fast, so arrive early or prepare to wait. Pubbelly offers their Miami Spice dinner menu every day of the week.

Pubbelly is located at 1418 20th St., Miami Beach.

The Bazaar by Jose Andres

Dinner, $39

Located in the SLS Hotel South Beach, the Bazaar by Jose Andres is the restaurant participating in Miami Spice that you don’t want to miss out on. The croquetas de jamon will have you rolling your eyes back with each bite you take into the gooey core. The Chinese bun and pork belly make the bao con lechon one of the best dishes offered. The Bazaar offers their Miami Spice dinner menu Sunday through Thursday.

The Bazaar is located at 1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach.

Frank Malvar

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

Bennie Blades will serve as host of the UMSHoF's Eighth Annual Celebrity Bowling Tournament, on ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...