V.Online

V.Online: Hats off to the original!

I’m one of those people that is a firm believer that nothing is ever as good as the first. I don’t like sequels or trilogies and when they change the actors it makes me mad (Re: The Hulk in The Avengers).

But the original V wrote me an email recently (sometimes I’m sappy so bear with me). I was so happy to be able to carry on that legacy and “sassypants voice” that dear Vanessa Cutler thought up so many moons ago. I may not be the same as the original but I’m sure as hell here to whip out the sass.

I may have to rethink my policy on sequels and part twos.

Thanks so much for writing, Vanessa! Hope I keep making you proud!

Write me if you ever need anything.

Check out the email below.

Advice Columnist

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...