Football, Photo, Sports

A succession of Saturday’s win over Florida

The UM marching band provided pre-game entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

The Band of the Hour provides pregame entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Sophomore Duke Johnson (8) powers past a Gators defender. The Hurricanes defeated the Gators 21-16. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett (4) celebrates with Herb Waters (6) after scoring the first touchdown of the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett’s early touchdown fired up players and fans. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Joey McNeill (26) and Josh Johnson (21) celebrate during the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Head coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami’s defense played a key role in Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday's game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano (70) after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Players celebrate their defeat over the Gators. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Akil Kraig (47) reacts to the Canes win against the Gators on Saturday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Clive Walford #46 and Stephen Morris #17 get ready to back up Duke Johnson #8 as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Clive Walford (46) and Stephen Morris (17) get ready to back up Duke Johnson (8) as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter Clive Walford #46 runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin //  Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter, Clive Walford (46) runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters #6 is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters (6) is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa #36 tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa (36) tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Monica Herndon

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...