Football, Photo, Sports

A succession of Saturday’s win over Florida

The UM marching band provided pre-game entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

The Band of the Hour provides pregame entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Sophomore Duke Johnson (8) powers past a Gators defender. The Hurricanes defeated the Gators 21-16. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett (4) celebrates with Herb Waters (6) after scoring the first touchdown of the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett’s early touchdown fired up players and fans. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Joey McNeill (26) and Josh Johnson (21) celebrate during the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Head coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami’s defense played a key role in Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday's game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano (70) after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Players celebrate their defeat over the Gators. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Akil Kraig (47) reacts to the Canes win against the Gators on Saturday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Clive Walford #46 and Stephen Morris #17 get ready to back up Duke Johnson #8 as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Clive Walford (46) and Stephen Morris (17) get ready to back up Duke Johnson (8) as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter Clive Walford #46 runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin //  Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter, Clive Walford (46) runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters #6 is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters (6) is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa #36 tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa (36) tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Monica Herndon

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...