Football, Photo, Sports

A succession of Saturday’s win over Florida

The UM marching band provided pre-game entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

The Band of the Hour provides pregame entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Sophomore Duke Johnson (8) powers past a Gators defender. The Hurricanes defeated the Gators 21-16. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett (4) celebrates with Herb Waters (6) after scoring the first touchdown of the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett’s early touchdown fired up players and fans. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Joey McNeill (26) and Josh Johnson (21) celebrate during the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Head coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami’s defense played a key role in Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday's game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano (70) after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Players celebrate their defeat over the Gators. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Akil Kraig (47) reacts to the Canes win against the Gators on Saturday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Clive Walford #46 and Stephen Morris #17 get ready to back up Duke Johnson #8 as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Clive Walford (46) and Stephen Morris (17) get ready to back up Duke Johnson (8) as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter Clive Walford #46 runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin //  Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter, Clive Walford (46) runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters #6 is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters (6) is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa #36 tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa (36) tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Monica Herndon

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...