V's Take

Dear V: My boyfriend wants to score a touchdown…

V,

I’m a dating an athlete. He won a game this week, and now he wants to conquer the endzone. Only problem is: I’m afraid of his football. Rumor has it, it exceeds NFL regulations. I’m not new to this game, but I’ve only had to play with smaller footballs before.

I want us to score a touchdown, but I need your help.

Any words of wisdom, coach?

Sincerely, 

Taking one for the team 

Dear Gisele Bundchen,

Suck it up and rub some dirt on it! That’s as far as my sports talk is going to take us, so prepare yourself.

I get crazy excited when my favorite candidate wins “America’s Next Top Model,” so I can only imagine what winning a football game is like. The adrenaline rush from scoring a real-life touchdown is probably something akin to how a 15-year-old feels when they see One Direction in concert for the first time.

From my experience, when people talk up the size of a man’s “football,” they’re often exaggerating. Take everything you’re told with a grain of salt, and wait to find out for yourself. It’s always better to form your own opinions about those kinds of things.

I highly doubt it’ll be too big for you to handle, so enjoy it! He’s one of the sporty ones, so create an atmosphere that’s comfortable for him and go for the gold. Tune into ESPN, put out some alcohol, and let things fall where they may.

You may just get yourself a championship title.

Advice Columnist

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

It took a long time for Dewan Hernandez to reach a point of acceptance for what happened to his juni ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Researchers from 16 Latin American and Caribbean countries, hosted by the Institute for the Advanced ...

Two University of Miami a cappella groups, Tufaan and BisCaydence, celebrated big wins in different ...

After Alabama’s governor signed into law the most-stringent anti-abortion bill in the nation, UM exp ...

The Canes are the top team in Pool D in Durham, joined by No. 5 North Carolina and No. 9 Virginia. ...

The matchups are set for the NCAA Singles Championship and NCAA Doubles Championship at the USTA Nat ...

Adria Soriano Barrera begins competition in the singles draw Monday at 5 p.m. with a contest against ...

Chris McMahon struck out six over five shutout innings to earn his first win since April 6. ...

Miami's Second Varsity Four earned a bronze medal at the 2019 ACC Rowing Championships Saturday ...