V's Take

Dear V: My boyfriend wants to score a touchdown…

V,

I’m a dating an athlete. He won a game this week, and now he wants to conquer the endzone. Only problem is: I’m afraid of his football. Rumor has it, it exceeds NFL regulations. I’m not new to this game, but I’ve only had to play with smaller footballs before.

I want us to score a touchdown, but I need your help.

Any words of wisdom, coach?

Sincerely, 

Taking one for the team 

Dear Gisele Bundchen,

Suck it up and rub some dirt on it! That’s as far as my sports talk is going to take us, so prepare yourself.

I get crazy excited when my favorite candidate wins “America’s Next Top Model,” so I can only imagine what winning a football game is like. The adrenaline rush from scoring a real-life touchdown is probably something akin to how a 15-year-old feels when they see One Direction in concert for the first time.

From my experience, when people talk up the size of a man’s “football,” they’re often exaggerating. Take everything you’re told with a grain of salt, and wait to find out for yourself. It’s always better to form your own opinions about those kinds of things.

I highly doubt it’ll be too big for you to handle, so enjoy it! He’s one of the sporty ones, so create an atmosphere that’s comfortable for him and go for the gold. Tune into ESPN, put out some alcohol, and let things fall where they may.

You may just get yourself a championship title.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

While the University of Miami awaits what quarterback it will get Feb. 6 on National Signing Day, ne ...

It appears the University of Miami football program has found its answer to intelligent, energetic, ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up play on its first weekend of competition Sunday ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team wrapped up play at the Miami Spring Invite Sunday, wi ...

Chris Lykes scored 25 points as Miami got past Wake Forest. ...