Edge, Music

One Direction announces release date for third studio album

On the heels of the release of their 3-D concert film “This Is Us,” One Direction has announced that the band will release its third studio album titled “Midnight Memories” on Nov. 25.

The scheduled release date falls just after the boys finish their first world tour. The record will include “Best Song Ever,” which was featured in “This Is Us.”

The boy band, which was put together by Simon Cowell on “The X Factor UK,” made history with the release of their first album, “Up All Night,” in the U.S. last year; they are the first UK band ever to debut at No. 1 in the states. They released their second album, “Take Me Home,” in November 2012.

Although their current tour is not over, One Direction has their 2014 worldwide stadium Where We Are tour already planned out. Dates for the UK and South America have been announced; it has been confirmed that the boys will be touring the U.S. as well, but dates for the U.S. leg have not been announced yet.

For updates and more information about One Direction’s 2014 tour and “Midnight Memories,” visit onedirectionmusic.com.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

Finally, Tate Martell knows what 2019 will hold and it’s good news for the Miami Hurricanes. After m ...

Day Two of spring practice began at about 9 a.m. or thereafter on Wednesday at the Carol Soffer Indo ...

More than 40 University of Miami students spent last week in a half dozen U.S. communities learning ...

Students from UM, FIU, and FAU will have their graduate dissertations and projects reviewed by peers ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Miami's Hurricane Club announced the launch of The New Miami Fund Wednesday. ...

Bastias took the time to reflect on his chemistry with fellow classmate Franco Aubone, his transitio ...

The University of Miami's Raheem Chambers was named the ACC Men's Outdoor Track Performer ...