Culture, Music

One Direction announces release date for third studio album

On the heels of the release of their 3-D concert film “This Is Us,” One Direction has announced that the band will release its third studio album titled “Midnight Memories” on Nov. 25.

The scheduled release date falls just after the boys finish their first world tour. The record will include “Best Song Ever,” which was featured in “This Is Us.”

The boy band, which was put together by Simon Cowell on “The X Factor UK,” made history with the release of their first album, “Up All Night,” in the U.S. last year; they are the first UK band ever to debut at No. 1 in the states. They released their second album, “Take Me Home,” in November 2012.

Although their current tour is not over, One Direction has their 2014 worldwide stadium Where We Are tour already planned out. Dates for the UK and South America have been announced; it has been confirmed that the boys will be touring the U.S. as well, but dates for the U.S. leg have not been announced yet.

For updates and more information about One Direction’s 2014 tour and “Midnight Memories,” visit onedirectionmusic.com.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...