Edge, Music

One Direction announces release date for third studio album

On the heels of the release of their 3-D concert film “This Is Us,” One Direction has announced that the band will release its third studio album titled “Midnight Memories” on Nov. 25.

The scheduled release date falls just after the boys finish their first world tour. The record will include “Best Song Ever,” which was featured in “This Is Us.”

The boy band, which was put together by Simon Cowell on “The X Factor UK,” made history with the release of their first album, “Up All Night,” in the U.S. last year; they are the first UK band ever to debut at No. 1 in the states. They released their second album, “Take Me Home,” in November 2012.

Although their current tour is not over, One Direction has their 2014 worldwide stadium Where We Are tour already planned out. Dates for the UK and South America have been announced; it has been confirmed that the boys will be touring the U.S. as well, but dates for the U.S. leg have not been announced yet.

For updates and more information about One Direction’s 2014 tour and “Midnight Memories,” visit onedirectionmusic.com.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

For three years earlier this decade, Marlins Park would masquerade as a football venue at least once ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...