Edge, Music

One Direction announces release date for third studio album

On the heels of the release of their 3-D concert film “This Is Us,” One Direction has announced that the band will release its third studio album titled “Midnight Memories” on Nov. 25.

The scheduled release date falls just after the boys finish their first world tour. The record will include “Best Song Ever,” which was featured in “This Is Us.”

The boy band, which was put together by Simon Cowell on “The X Factor UK,” made history with the release of their first album, “Up All Night,” in the U.S. last year; they are the first UK band ever to debut at No. 1 in the states. They released their second album, “Take Me Home,” in November 2012.

Although their current tour is not over, One Direction has their 2014 worldwide stadium Where We Are tour already planned out. Dates for the UK and South America have been announced; it has been confirmed that the boys will be touring the U.S. as well, but dates for the U.S. leg have not been announced yet.

For updates and more information about One Direction’s 2014 tour and “Midnight Memories,” visit onedirectionmusic.com.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...