News, Photo

Ceremony celebrates Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall opening

UM officials attend the ribbon cutting ceremony at the Mahoney-Pearson dining on Friday. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

REVEALING THE REVAMP: UM officials, led by President Donna E. Shalala and Sebastian the Ibis attended the ribbon cutting ceremony at the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall on Friday.
Attendees were treated to a sparkling drink and samples from the various food stations. The renovated dining hall offers diverse seating options, a separate to-go area and food prepared in front of students rather than behind the scenes. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

Monica Herndon

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

2018 NCAA Tournament programs match up at 7 p.m. at Watsco Center. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...