News, Photo

Ceremony celebrates Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall opening

UM officials attend the ribbon cutting ceremony at the Mahoney-Pearson dining on Friday. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

REVEALING THE REVAMP: UM officials, led by President Donna E. Shalala and Sebastian the Ibis attended the ribbon cutting ceremony at the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall on Friday.
Attendees were treated to a sparkling drink and samples from the various food stations. The renovated dining hall offers diverse seating options, a separate to-go area and food prepared in front of students rather than behind the scenes. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

Monica Herndon

Caribbean experts assessed the coronavirus’s impact on the region in a webinar on Nov. 19 hosted by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas. ...

A project on race, housing, and displacement in Miami connects past patterns of discrimination to modern disparities. ...

United Black Students and the Black Student Athlete Alliance, in partnership with the University of Miami administration, mobilize to honor the lives lost due to police brutality. ...

As students and faculty and staff members prepare to wrap up the Fall 2020 semester, here’s a look at the availability of facilities and services during the break. ...

The University of Miami president called for increased cooperation, new powers for the World Health Organization, and transparency incentives as critical to manage and mitigate future health outbreaks. ...