News, Photo

Ceremony celebrates Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall opening

UM officials attend the ribbon cutting ceremony at the Mahoney-Pearson dining on Friday. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

REVEALING THE REVAMP: UM officials, led by President Donna E. Shalala and Sebastian the Ibis attended the ribbon cutting ceremony at the Mahoney-Pearson Dining Hall on Friday.
Attendees were treated to a sparkling drink and samples from the various food stations. The renovated dining hall offers diverse seating options, a separate to-go area and food prepared in front of students rather than behind the scenes. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

Monica Herndon

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...