Breaking news: Suspicious package found near University of Miami Business School

Buildings near the University of Miami Business School were being evacuated as of 7:27 p.m. Tuesday night due to a suspicious package found on the adjacent bridge, according to a text from the UM Emergency News Network.

The message said that UMPD was on the scene.

This story will be updated as more details become available. 

Margaux Herrera

EDGE Editor

The University of Miami community is invited to participate in several events to discuss crucial topics regarding social justice and racial equality, explored in Ijeoma Oluo’s best-seller. ...

University writing experts weigh in on the inaugural poem, written and recited by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old U.S. youth poet laureate. ...

The number of ambassadors has been increased from 75 to 100 as the University continues to support a safe environment and help students adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. ...

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges—a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department and the first Black woman to serve as a lieutenant—has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...