Photo

The Week in Photos: 8/21 – 8/28

New students were welcomed to the University of Miami during Wednesday night's Cane Kickoff event located in the Bank United Center. Men's Basketball head coach Jim Larranaga high-fives Women's Basketball head coach Katie Meier.  Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

New students were welcomed to the University of Miami Wednesday night at Cane Kickoff located in the BankUnited Center. Men’s basketball head coach Jim Larranaga high-fives women’s basketball head coach Katie Meier.
Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Former UM basketball player Shane Larkin signed autographs at at a meet and greet at All Canes in Coral Gables on Saturday August 24th. After two seasons with the Canes, Larkin entered the NBA draft this past spring and now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Former UM basketball player Shane Larkin signed autographs at a meet-and-greet Saturday at AllCanes in Coral Gables. After two seasons with the Canes, Larkin entered the NBA draft this past spring and now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Freshman Nikhil Delahaye dances for the crowd of freshman and transfer students at the new student picnic on Sunday. The picnic is typically held at President Shalala's house in the Gables, but was moved into the BankUnited Center after a rainy morning. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

Freshman Nikhil Delahaye dances for the crowd of freshman and transfer students at Sunday’s new student picnic. The picnic is typically held at President Shalala’s house in the Gables, but was moved to the BankUnited Center after a rainy morning. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
The Band of the Hour Hurricanettes perform at the new student picnic held Sunday night in the BankUnited Center. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

The Band of the Hour Hurricanettes perform at Sunday’s new student picnic in the BankUnited Center. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Sebastian welcomes students and guests into the new Student Activities Center at the official opening ceremony on Monday August 26th. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Sebastian the Ibis welcomes students and guests to the new Student Activities Center at the official opening ceremony Monday. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Monica Herndon

Dozens of University of Miami students seized the opportunity to learn across the world this summer. ...

New and returning students share some of their expectations for the semester on the first day of cla ...

Nearly 100 University of Miami students participated in Orientation Outreach to assist the staff at ...

Take a look back on new student orientation and browse through a gallery of photos from various even ...

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

Hurricanes will travel to Gainesville in 2024, host Gators at Hard Rock Stadium in 2025 ...

Jeff Thomas is eager to get back on the field for the Hurricanes. ...

The story of Canes Hoops' 10-day journey in Italy told through the words and images of the play ...