Photo

The Week in Photos: 8/21 – 8/28

New students were welcomed to the University of Miami during Wednesday night's Cane Kickoff event located in the Bank United Center. Men's Basketball head coach Jim Larranaga high-fives Women's Basketball head coach Katie Meier.  Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

New students were welcomed to the University of Miami Wednesday night at Cane Kickoff located in the BankUnited Center. Men’s basketball head coach Jim Larranaga high-fives women’s basketball head coach Katie Meier.
Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Former UM basketball player Shane Larkin signed autographs at at a meet and greet at All Canes in Coral Gables on Saturday August 24th. After two seasons with the Canes, Larkin entered the NBA draft this past spring and now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Former UM basketball player Shane Larkin signed autographs at a meet-and-greet Saturday at AllCanes in Coral Gables. After two seasons with the Canes, Larkin entered the NBA draft this past spring and now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Freshman Nikhil Delahaye dances for the crowd of freshman and transfer students at the new student picnic on Sunday. The picnic is typically held at President Shalala's house in the Gables, but was moved into the BankUnited Center after a rainy morning. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

Freshman Nikhil Delahaye dances for the crowd of freshman and transfer students at Sunday’s new student picnic. The picnic is typically held at President Shalala’s house in the Gables, but was moved to the BankUnited Center after a rainy morning. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
The Band of the Hour Hurricanettes perform at the new student picnic held Sunday night in the BankUnited Center. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

The Band of the Hour Hurricanettes perform at Sunday’s new student picnic in the BankUnited Center. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Sebastian welcomes students and guests into the new Student Activities Center at the official opening ceremony on Monday August 26th. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Sebastian the Ibis welcomes students and guests to the new Student Activities Center at the official opening ceremony Monday. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Monica Herndon

Day Two of spring practice began at about 9 a.m. or thereafter on Wednesday at the Carol Soffer Indo ...

Prosecutors have released video that shows ex-University of Miami star running back Mark Walton snat ...

The word “swag” was mentioned multiple times Tuesday at the inaugural Miami Hurricanes spring practi ...

How did Tate Martell’s Phoenix-based attorney, Travis Leach, convince the NCAA to permit Martell to ...

After a quick courtship, Daran Branch is the newest member of the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020. A ...

More than 40 University of Miami students spent last week in a half dozen U.S. communities learning ...

Students from UM, FIU, and FAU will have their graduate dissertations and projects reviewed by peers ...

Watch a video about the Annual Senior Showcase involving students in the Theatre Arts Program. ...

Become one in a million. Join the All of Us research program. ...

With Florida lifting the ban on smokable medical marijuana, the nursing school’s Denise Vidot answer ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

The University of Miami's Raheem Chambers was named the ACC Men's Outdoor Track Performer ...

Hear from the Hurricanes as they opened up day one of spring football inside the IPF. ...

The Miami women's basketball team received a No. 4-seed in the NCAA Tournament and will host th ...

Miami rises 13 spots to No. 23 nationally. ...