We would rather not see Miley Cyrus again on the VMAs

Consider this an open letter to one Destiny Hope Cyrus:

Miley, we get it. You’re all grown up. Gone are the days of Hannah Montana and Mickey Mouse.

You no longer fraternize with Emily Osment, and instead of partying in the USA, you party in Amsterdam or somewhere else where salvia is legal.

I understand your desire to be respected as an adult and break away from the image of your former young self, but I assure you this is not the way to do it.

I have to admit that when “We Can’t Stop” came out, I actually couldn’t stop listening to it. It became this not-so-guilty pleasure and a constant repeat in my “G.N.O.” playlist.

I respected you for doing your own thing and, even though the music video freaked me out, I let it slide because maybe that’s just how you visualized your song. I had no idea this would turn into a permanent thing for you.

Maybe you’re just being Miley, but after your performance at the VMAs, enough is enough. Stop sticking your tongue out. It’s gross.

Do us all a favor – stop making yourself look like the Cynthia doll in “Rugrats.” It’s not a flattering look. You have such good bone structure, so why are you ruining it? Plus that hairdo is so ‘90s that it’s actually giving me flashbacks of Scary Spice (but not in a chic Victoria Beckham way).

And now you have a new song called “Twerk?” With Justin Bieber? Are you kidding me? Have some self-respect and lay low. We’re all still scarred from the VMAs performance, and we don’t even want to think about you “twerking.”

If you feel the need to be different, take some pointers from people who do it well, like Katy Perry.

P.S. Congratulations on getting what you wanted – at least now people are talking about you. I really wish CNN had better things to air.

Erika Glass is a junior majoring in broadcast journalism.

Erika Glass

Multimedia Editor

At 7:27 p.m Tuesday, University of Miami football coach Manny Diaz tweeted a GIF of a swirling Hurri ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ As Miami awaits decisions from its potential 2019 qua ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday night: ▪ FIU has decided that its Nov. 23 football game agains ...

Dewan Hernandez hit another NCAA roadblock on Monday, but the University of Miami forward will take ...

Jeff Thomas will be joining the Illinois Fighting Illini after all. After a few days of discussion a ...

Grantees aim to eliminate opportunity gaps and biases in different realms and improve brain injury t ...

The film launches the 2019 film series for the UM Libraries Cuban Heritage Collection. ...

Here’s a go-to list of dates you should keep an eye on throughout the semester, along with some tidb ...

For more than 77 years, UM Hillel has provided a vibrant and diverse “home-away-from-home” that is f ...

University of Miami experts weigh in on the largest increase in carbon emissions in eight years. ...

The University of Miami football program has hired Dan Enos as its offensive coordinator and quarter ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

Pictures from the No. 17 Miami women's tennis team's season-opening action in the Miami Sp ...