Campus Life, News

Deconstructing the construction of the Student Activity Center

COVER_SAC_ng

Ten years and $46.5 million later, the 119,368-square-foot Student Activities Center (SAC) on Lake Osceola’s shore will officially open at noon on Monday. Part study lounge and part meeting area, the SAC’s three floors feature updates of old favorites like the Rat and the introduction of new office spaces for student organizations. Here is The Miami Hurricane’s road map for navigating the SAC. For more coverage, check out themiamihurricane.com/tmhtv on Tuesday.

SACweb-01

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Daily protests are taking place in Puerto Rico, calling for the resignation of Gov. Ricardo Roselló. ...

How will the sentencing of “El Chapo” impact the drug trade out of Mexico? Bruce Bagley, a professor ...

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...