Campus Life, News

Deconstructing the construction of the Student Activity Center

COVER_SAC_ng

Ten years and $46.5 million later, the 119,368-square-foot Student Activities Center (SAC) on Lake Osceola’s shore will officially open at noon on Monday. Part study lounge and part meeting area, the SAC’s three floors feature updates of old favorites like the Rat and the introduction of new office spaces for student organizations. Here is The Miami Hurricane’s road map for navigating the SAC. For more coverage, check out themiamihurricane.com/tmhtv on Tuesday.

SACweb-01

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...