V.Online

V.Online: Back to reality

Hello there monsters (this is not a Gaga reference, you are actually all giant, college-sized monsters),

I’ve been on campus this past week partly because it’s time to come to terms with the fact that I’ve got to start functioning at normal hours of the day again and partly because I’m curious about the freshman talent.

To be honest, I’m thoroughly impressed. You all seem innocent and wise enough for the time being, which is more than I can say for last year’s incoming class.

I’ve taken a little break from the torture that is mending all your broken hearts, and I’m sure you’ve noticed the absence. However, fall is among us and I’m in full force, kittens!

So welcome baby Canes, hello again upperclassmen and toodles mom and dad, it’s “first day of school time.”

Saddle up, because it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

P.S. I see some cameltoe action that needs to be fixed before Monday morning.

Advice Columnist

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...