Football, Sports

UM football implements NFL policies

In lieu of printed ticket slips, the UM student ticketing policy will be switching back to Cane Cards. Students are still required to log on to Canestix.com and register for each game.

“Basically, you go on Canestix.com, and that’s where all students can get their tickets,” said Connie Nickel, assistant director of recreational sports and camp. “They don’t actually print them, it’ll be registered on their Cane Cards and they just swipe their Cane Cards at the game.”

Senior Andrew Wyatt, chair of Category 5, believes this new system will be helpful.

“The new ticketing system is convenient for students because they can access their tickets online and transfer them directly to their Cane Card,” he said. “This will make game day run smoothly and allow students to focus on the amazing time they will have at the games this season.”

There has also been a change in seating options. Rather than limiting students to the West end zone, any seats higher than the 11th row in sections 101 to 117 are open to students. Sections 111 to 113 are available in their entirety.

The UM Athletic Department sent a release on Wednesday announcing its decision to implement a new policy for all bags brought into the stadium, which mirrors the new rules used for NFL games.

The policy, which will be in effect for all seven home games at Sun Life stadium, has restricted the type and size of bag that can be taken into the stadium. It was recommended by the NFL’s Stadium Security Committee in May. Because the Canes play in an NFL stadium, the policy will also apply to Hurricane games.

The University of South Florida and the University of Pittsburgh also play in NFL stadiums, and have changed their policies as well.

Fans are allowed to bring a clear plastic, vinyl or PVC  bag into the stadium that does not exceed 12-by-6-by-12 inches. Or, they may bring a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag.

Small clutch bags or purses approximately the size of a hand – with or without a handle or strap – are also acceptable.

Fans will be allowed to bring in medically necessary items once they have been inspected at Gate E.

Visit canestix.com to confirm ticketed access to football games. For additional information, visit hurricanesports.com/fls/28700/tickets/newsite/Index.html#seating.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...