V.Online

V.Online: Bad lighting and worse taste

I went to the gym for the first time in eons today and I am 100 percent convinced that fluorescent lights exist for the sole purpose of making people look soft and blotchy.

I would like to point out that I’m not the fittest person on the planet but please, if a 20-something-year-old doesn’t get naked in the middle of the locker room, neither should you, grandma. Never mind the fact that your peak physical state has long since passed – you should know (from your millennia of experience) which lighting does and doesn’t suit you.

Every time Barbara Walters is on air her shot is just a teeny tiny bit out of focus. Everything is smooth, creamy and pastel-y. Why? Because Barbara knows a little something about image preservation. Get with the times, people. Unflattering pictures of anyone and everyone plague the deep (and sometimes not-so-deep), dark, corners of the Internet.

Next time it could be you.

There’s also a whole “Real Housewives of UM” thing going on in there and I really can’t deal with it. Their first world problems are too much for me to handle – I don’t think I’m ever going back.

Though whenever I need a reliable plumber I’ll know who to ask.

Until next time,

Advice Columnist

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

The overnight pre-orientation program – now in its 30th year – welcomes newly admitted first-year co ...

Apollo 11 astronaut’s moonwalk, which took place 50 years ago Saturday, is remembered by members of ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...

Dane Dunlap, William Grattan-Smith and Franco Aubone were each selected as All-Academic Scholar Athl ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

The ITA released Thursday its academic accolades for the 2018-19 season and the University of Miami ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...