V.Online

V.Online: Bad lighting and worse taste

I went to the gym for the first time in eons today and I am 100 percent convinced that fluorescent lights exist for the sole purpose of making people look soft and blotchy.

I would like to point out that I’m not the fittest person on the planet but please, if a 20-something-year-old doesn’t get naked in the middle of the locker room, neither should you, grandma. Never mind the fact that your peak physical state has long since passed – you should know (from your millennia of experience) which lighting does and doesn’t suit you.

Every time Barbara Walters is on air her shot is just a teeny tiny bit out of focus. Everything is smooth, creamy and pastel-y. Why? Because Barbara knows a little something about image preservation. Get with the times, people. Unflattering pictures of anyone and everyone plague the deep (and sometimes not-so-deep), dark, corners of the Internet.

Next time it could be you.

There’s also a whole “Real Housewives of UM” thing going on in there and I really can’t deal with it. Their first world problems are too much for me to handle – I don’t think I’m ever going back.

Though whenever I need a reliable plumber I’ll know who to ask.

Until next time,

Advice Columnist

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

He’s certainly not a veteran, but for the first time in his college football career, redshirt freshm ...

This November feels a lot more like March for the 24th-ranked University of Miami women’s basketball ...

For a month at a time, Louis Hedley would find himself in the deserts of Australia. His chances at m ...

It has been a trying season for college football fans of two Sunshine State programs: Florida State ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

An international study led by University of Miami tropical biologists reveals that tropical trees ar ...

UM’s robotics team recently obtained a new robot with the goal of helping aging individuals. ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the s ...

Isaiah Wong and Anthony Walker will join Canes for 2019-20 season. ...

Three University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes – Adria Soriano Barrera, Bojan Jankulov ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team checks in at seventh in the country in ...