V's Take

Dear V: My ex-classmate is trying to Snapchat his way into my heart…

A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally Snapchatted a classmate from last semester — who I didn’t even have as a friend on Snapchat! I was super embarrassed. Then he actually responded and we’ve since started Snapchatting regularly, to my surprise, because we rarely talked during the semester. It’s gotten slightly flirty, but he just graduated, so it’s not like he’ll be back in Miami anytime soon. I don’t see this going anywhere. I’ve been in a similar situation before, and I only ended up hurting the guy. What am I supposed to do?

Snapchats Getting Serious

Dear Vanessa Hudgens,

First of all, these things are rarely ever accidental so stop kidding yourself. Also, I don’t think there’s an option to send Snapchats to people who aren’t your friends unless you try really hard to type in their names. You probably had some secret, latent, burning desire to see this kid’s face again that manifested itself through a drunken, duck faced Snapchat.

I also dearly hope that most, if not all, of these pictures are G-rated. As in strictly from the neck up, without any sort of funny innuendo to be derived from the stupid paintbrush option that the creators of this wonderful app decided to bestow upon us.

That being said, flirting is always fun. And if you’re not sending anything incriminating that could end up haunting you for the rest of your life, I say enjoy it. Depending on your what your definition of “slightly flirty” is, I don’t think this could end up hurting him. To be brutally honest, he’s probably not thinking too much into this. No serious thing could sprout from back and forth face pics. The fact that he responded is always a good sign but if he knows, and you know, that he’s not coming back any time soon, then you are definitely not heading down the yellow brick road of relationships.

If I were you I would enjoy my youth, flirt with this guy, and go out and kiss some strangers in Miami Beach. It’s time for summer lovin’, baby and nobody’s looking to get serious.

Have your friends hold your phone next time you’re drunk.

Toodles,

Advice Columnist

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...