Edge, Music

Little Mix visits Miami while touring U.S.

SDC10952

Little Mix made a stop in Miami while promoting its debut album, “DNA,” across the U.S. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Hundreds of Mixers filled Dolphin Mall Saturday afternoon for UK girl group Little Mix’s performance and signing.

The girls – Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall – made a stop in Miami while traveling across the U.S. to promote their debut album, “DNA.” They have already held meet and greets in several cities, including Boston, New York City and Rochester.

Little Mix will continue their U.S. promotion tour in June, visiting Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco and Los Angeles. They will also perform on “Good Morning America” on Friday as part of the TV show’s summer concert series in Central Park.

The girl group, which won “The X Factor UK” in 2011 (the first group to do so), held a contest for fans where the winning country would be awarded with a promotional tour including signings and meet and greets. The U.S. won the competition and Miami brought in the most points. Miami Mixers were awarded with a signing as well as a performance.

SDC10913

Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Jesy Nelson (left to right) performed at Dolphin Mall on Saturday afternoon for hundreds of Miami Mixers. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Little Mix sang several songs off their album during the gig, including “Wings,” “How You Doin’” and “DNA.” Their incredible vocals and fun choreography pumped the crowd up despite the bad weather. The intimate setting let them connect with their fans easily.

The girls seemed to enjoy hanging out with their Miami Mixers. Thirlwall Tweeted from the group’s account (@LittleMixOffic): “Wow the biggest signing we’ve done thanks Miami mixers!” They also Tweeted pictures of some of the gifts fans gave them at the signing, including hats, posters and friendship necklaces.

Little Mix’s album is available in stores and on iTunes now. The girls’ single, “Wings,” was recently released in the U.S. as well.

For more information, check out the group’s official Twitter at @LittleMixOffic or visit little-mix.com/gb/home.

June 3, 2013

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

While the University of Miami has just three Class of 2019 oral commitments on offense, the Canes ha ...

Gerald Willis’ monster season has earned another piece of national recognition. On Monday, the Miami ...

It hasn’t been a great few weeks on the recruiting trail for the Miami Hurricanes with regards to of ...

A six-pack of Heat notes, leading up to Heat-Lakers on Monday night: ▪ In the days before one of his ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

Most UM Debate Team members devote 10 to 15 hours of preparation for each tournament. ...

National Geographic connects with the University of Miami to empower the next generation of storytel ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

Gerald Willis III added to his postseason awards list, picking up second-team All-America honors fro ...

Following its longest break of the season thus far, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...