Edge, Music

Little Mix visits Miami while touring U.S.

SDC10952

Little Mix made a stop in Miami while promoting its debut album, “DNA,” across the U.S. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Hundreds of Mixers filled Dolphin Mall Saturday afternoon for UK girl group Little Mix’s performance and signing.

The girls – Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall – made a stop in Miami while traveling across the U.S. to promote their debut album, “DNA.” They have already held meet and greets in several cities, including Boston, New York City and Rochester.

Little Mix will continue their U.S. promotion tour in June, visiting Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco and Los Angeles. They will also perform on “Good Morning America” on Friday as part of the TV show’s summer concert series in Central Park.

The girl group, which won “The X Factor UK” in 2011 (the first group to do so), held a contest for fans where the winning country would be awarded with a promotional tour including signings and meet and greets. The U.S. won the competition and Miami brought in the most points. Miami Mixers were awarded with a signing as well as a performance.

SDC10913

Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Jesy Nelson (left to right) performed at Dolphin Mall on Saturday afternoon for hundreds of Miami Mixers. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Little Mix sang several songs off their album during the gig, including “Wings,” “How You Doin’” and “DNA.” Their incredible vocals and fun choreography pumped the crowd up despite the bad weather. The intimate setting let them connect with their fans easily.

The girls seemed to enjoy hanging out with their Miami Mixers. Thirlwall Tweeted from the group’s account (@LittleMixOffic): “Wow the biggest signing we’ve done thanks Miami mixers!” They also Tweeted pictures of some of the gifts fans gave them at the signing, including hats, posters and friendship necklaces.

Little Mix’s album is available in stores and on iTunes now. The girls’ single, “Wings,” was recently released in the U.S. as well.

For more information, check out the group’s official Twitter at @LittleMixOffic or visit little-mix.com/gb/home.

June 3, 2013

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

UM offensive coordinator Dan Enos on Monday addressed the quarterback situation in this piece, culle ...

University of Florida big man Keith Stone, a 6-8 and 254-pound Deerfield Beach native, is heading cl ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...

Stone played in 85 career games at University of Florida. ...

The Miami women's tennis team continued its ascent up the national rankings Tuesday, moving up ...