Finding a bromance that will last forever

Every college guy will figure out at one point or another how to pick up that cute girl at the bar for a fun night or lifelong commitment. But more important than finding a drunk hottie is connecting with a good bro.

Cute girls outnumber good bros by a ratio of 5 to 1. If you’re out one night and you’re thinking about working your smooth criminal moves on some Lindsay Lohan look-alike, or the actual Lindsay Lohan, ditch her and chill with that cool bro who met Harrison Ford that one time.

Unlike your high school sweetheart, a good bro is something that you will want to hold on to. The difficulty of finding one can match that of catching a rare Pokemon or the Hurricanes being cleared of all NCAA allegations. That’s why there are so many dating sites and zero bro finding sites.

If looking, you definitely want to start your search at a pizza buffet, a special “Star Wars” screening marathon or a Super Wal-Mart. Stay away from Starbucks and Buffalo Wild Wings.

False bros are everywhere so do not fall under their spell. Once they start quoting Dane Cook or Instagram their caesar salad, you know they’re not the one. Even if they seem like they might be the perfect fit you’ve been searching for, details like wearing Crocs or driving a Kia Soul will show the super nonbro they truly are. When in doubt just ask yourself the question, “Did this guy ever tryout to be on ‘The Real World?’”

If the answer is yes, change the channel on him.

A bro’s girlfriend also shows whether they are the dream bro of the Dos Equis guy, or the nightmare bro of the fake-gold-toothed, Sharpie-tattooed, women-fighting Chris Brown. If the girl latches on to him like it’s her life support, you don’t want her third wheeling on your bro time. If you find a bro with a girlfriend that resembles Kristen Wiig, without the obnoxious impressions of course, then you have yourself the ultimate bro plus one.

When searching for a bromate, don’t be anyone but yourself. Trying to impress with an Ed Hardy hat and your knowledge of Michael Bay movies will leave you unsatisfied and wingmanning with someone shallow in the end. Don’t do that to yourself because breaking up with a testosterone-filled bro is 10 times more difficult than an emotionally erratic girl.

Bringing them to a fancy Italian restaurant won’t stop a fist from flying toward you once you break the bad news, no matter how delicious the garlic bread is.

Nobody remembers those truly romantic couples that stay together forever, but everyone knows a true bromance – Starsky and Hutch, D-Wade and King James, George Bush and Dick Cheney. Go out there and find the perfect bro for you because the possibilities are endless. Most likely, it will end up like a Miller Lite commercial.

Kyle Rambo is a junior majoring in education.

Kyle Rambo

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...