News Briefs 4/18

EARTH WEEK

Student Government’s Energy and Conservation Organization Agency is hosting Earth Week to remind students to be environmentally conscious through a series of activities and giveaways. Recycling Fairies will also be roaming campus, giving away free T-shirts and other prizes to any students they see going out of their way to recycle.

Monday: Hug the Lake, noon to 12:20 p.m., Lake Osceola; Giveaways and rock climbing wall, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Tuesday: Free smoothies, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Wednesday: ReUse table, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Farmers Market

April 25: Yoga on the Green, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

April 26: Make your own terranium, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

SPRING CONCERT

BisCaydence will be hosting their Spring Concert at 9 p.m. Monday in Fillmore Hall in the Frost School of Music. All are welcome to come hear new arrangements as well as some of the groups favorite past melodies. For more information, see the group’s Facebook event at tinyurl.com/cp8abqj.

LIAISON COUNCIL

Students looking to get involved with Student Government (SG) are encouraged to apply to the first ever Campus Liaison Council (CLC). Liaisons will meet weekly under Chief of Staff Mike Piacentino to facilitate conversations between members of SG and campus administrators. Applications can be found at miami.edu/sg and are due by 5 p.m. Friday to the SG office (UC 214).

COLOR THE BREEZEWAY

Tau Beta Sigma will be hosting Art for a Cause from noon to 5 p.m. Friday in the UC Breezeway. Students are encouraged to stop by to receive their free henna tattoos and body painting. All donations will go to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Jordan Coyne may be contacted at jcoyne@themiamihurricane.com.

Jordan Coyne

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

Shaquille Quarterman waited less than 24 hours after Michael Pinckney announced he was returning for ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

Muslim Students of the University of Miami will hold a prayer service at 12:45 p.m. Friday at the La ...

The theme of the 48th annual Women’s Commission Breakfast keynote address, delivered by Dean Laura K ...

Sophomore Aloki Patel, a double major in Biology and Criminology in the pre-med track, spent spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

Make no mistake about it – the college paths of this dynamic Miami offensive duo are as stark in con ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg captured the first NCAA postseason recognition o ...

It is hard not to think of Miami's Amy Deem when you think of trail blazers in the track and f ...

Friday will be the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Game, while Saturday is Bark in the Park. ...