News Briefs 4/18

EARTH WEEK

Student Government’s Energy and Conservation Organization Agency is hosting Earth Week to remind students to be environmentally conscious through a series of activities and giveaways. Recycling Fairies will also be roaming campus, giving away free T-shirts and other prizes to any students they see going out of their way to recycle.

Monday: Hug the Lake, noon to 12:20 p.m., Lake Osceola; Giveaways and rock climbing wall, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Tuesday: Free smoothies, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Wednesday: ReUse table, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Farmers Market

April 25: Yoga on the Green, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

April 26: Make your own terranium, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

SPRING CONCERT

BisCaydence will be hosting their Spring Concert at 9 p.m. Monday in Fillmore Hall in the Frost School of Music. All are welcome to come hear new arrangements as well as some of the groups favorite past melodies. For more information, see the group’s Facebook event at tinyurl.com/cp8abqj.

LIAISON COUNCIL

Students looking to get involved with Student Government (SG) are encouraged to apply to the first ever Campus Liaison Council (CLC). Liaisons will meet weekly under Chief of Staff Mike Piacentino to facilitate conversations between members of SG and campus administrators. Applications can be found at miami.edu/sg and are due by 5 p.m. Friday to the SG office (UC 214).

COLOR THE BREEZEWAY

Tau Beta Sigma will be hosting Art for a Cause from noon to 5 p.m. Friday in the UC Breezeway. Students are encouraged to stop by to receive their free henna tattoos and body painting. All donations will go to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Jordan Coyne may be contacted at jcoyne@themiamihurricane.com.

Jordan Coyne

University of Miami President Julio Frenk and Miami-Dade Public Schools Superintendent Alberto Carva

Experts in the Department of Political Science’s 2020 election class explain why all eyes may be on

The Frost School of Music’s Band of the Hour discovers new ways to deliver school spirit at the Hard

Lauren Markwith played four years with Miami Hurricanes soccer. Now, she is on staff for Inter Miami

Sierra Domb uses her communications skills to raise awareness of and funding for studies on a sensor