News Briefs 4/18

EARTH WEEK

Student Government’s Energy and Conservation Organization Agency is hosting Earth Week to remind students to be environmentally conscious through a series of activities and giveaways. Recycling Fairies will also be roaming campus, giving away free T-shirts and other prizes to any students they see going out of their way to recycle.

Monday: Hug the Lake, noon to 12:20 p.m., Lake Osceola; Giveaways and rock climbing wall, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Tuesday: Free smoothies, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Wednesday: ReUse table, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Farmers Market

April 25: Yoga on the Green, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

April 26: Make your own terranium, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

SPRING CONCERT

BisCaydence will be hosting their Spring Concert at 9 p.m. Monday in Fillmore Hall in the Frost School of Music. All are welcome to come hear new arrangements as well as some of the groups favorite past melodies. For more information, see the group’s Facebook event at tinyurl.com/cp8abqj.

LIAISON COUNCIL

Students looking to get involved with Student Government (SG) are encouraged to apply to the first ever Campus Liaison Council (CLC). Liaisons will meet weekly under Chief of Staff Mike Piacentino to facilitate conversations between members of SG and campus administrators. Applications can be found at miami.edu/sg and are due by 5 p.m. Friday to the SG office (UC 214).

COLOR THE BREEZEWAY

Tau Beta Sigma will be hosting Art for a Cause from noon to 5 p.m. Friday in the UC Breezeway. Students are encouraged to stop by to receive their free henna tattoos and body painting. All donations will go to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Jordan Coyne may be contacted at jcoyne@themiamihurricane.com.

Jordan Coyne

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w