News Briefs 4/18

EARTH WEEK

Student Government’s Energy and Conservation Organization Agency is hosting Earth Week to remind students to be environmentally conscious through a series of activities and giveaways. Recycling Fairies will also be roaming campus, giving away free T-shirts and other prizes to any students they see going out of their way to recycle.

Monday: Hug the Lake, noon to 12:20 p.m., Lake Osceola; Giveaways and rock climbing wall, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Tuesday: Free smoothies, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

Wednesday: ReUse table, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Farmers Market

April 25: Yoga on the Green, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.

April 26: Make your own terranium, noon to 4 p.m., the Rock

SPRING CONCERT

BisCaydence will be hosting their Spring Concert at 9 p.m. Monday in Fillmore Hall in the Frost School of Music. All are welcome to come hear new arrangements as well as some of the groups favorite past melodies. For more information, see the group’s Facebook event at tinyurl.com/cp8abqj.

LIAISON COUNCIL

Students looking to get involved with Student Government (SG) are encouraged to apply to the first ever Campus Liaison Council (CLC). Liaisons will meet weekly under Chief of Staff Mike Piacentino to facilitate conversations between members of SG and campus administrators. Applications can be found at miami.edu/sg and are due by 5 p.m. Friday to the SG office (UC 214).

COLOR THE BREEZEWAY

Tau Beta Sigma will be hosting Art for a Cause from noon to 5 p.m. Friday in the UC Breezeway. Students are encouraged to stop by to receive their free henna tattoos and body painting. All donations will go to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Jordan Coyne may be contacted at jcoyne@themiamihurricane.com.

Jordan Coyne

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

Before Jess Simpson’s final playoff run as the coach of Buford fell short in a Georgia state champio ...

The Miami Hurricanes football coaching staff is officially complete. UM announced Friday that Taylor ...

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...

Canes have won six of last 10 meetings with UNC. ...

Check out the January edition of the University of Miami's e-magazine. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 2-0 on the young season after securing a ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first doubleheader of the season Saturday in ...