V's Take

Dear V: It’s hell week for my boyfriend and me…

My boyfriend is currently in the middle of hell week for his frat, and I’ve officially turned into a needy betch. Between his irregular schedule and my insane one, I haven’t been able to see him for more than five minutes in the past week. Not seeing him on a regular basis stresses me out and makes me even more upset, as if school didn’t kill me enough. I just want someone to talk to, snuggle with and f*ck. What do I do? How do I get my independence back?

Sincerely,

Sad and Pathetic

Dear Melancholia,

You have perfectly listed the basic necessities for dating: talking, snuggling and f*cking. Every relationship at its core is nothing more than that dependable friend who can satisfy your social and biological needs.

The separation from this human parasite can feel drastic. But it shouldn’t mean the end of the Mayan calendar or Y2K. We can get through this together. I believe in you.

Let’s put everything into perspective. Your boyfriend’s hell week probably requires him to do some unsavory actions. Frats are not all unicorns and rainbows. Depending on the fraternity, he has probably made a trip to BT Gentlemen’s Club, streaked at the command of his leaders, and been forced to eat materials while blindfolded. Hey, it’s hell week so it’s supposed to feel as close to the belly of that demonic beast.

His hell week is your heaven week. You can take a break from all those terrible girlfriend duties like having sex at his every whim or listening to him about boring stuff like school, sports and his mom. Yes, it’s a “Mean Girls” quote. Sorry not sorry.

Your story reminds me of the TV show “Greek” that appeared on the ABC Family scene before “Switched at Birth” and “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” tanked the channel’s respect. “Greek’s” main sister found it difficult to balance school, her boyfriend and the sorority. But she learns that she will eventually graduate and none of this will matter.

So take a lesson from this instructional and unrealistic slice of American college life. What matters now only begins to scratch the surface on your overall life. Have fun, focus on your career and be open to new experiences.

Forget about your boy-toy and bask in the Miami sun in a worry-free stupor.

Advice Columnist

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...