V's Take

Dear V: I am a strong woman and I don’t need no man…

I cannot believe that somebody gonna f*** wit me that way. I ain’t workin’ no eight hours to be played by a fool. He come into my house and ask if I pay his rent because we be soul mates. No one not gonna tell me to be his soul mate and then be his ho. I ain’t nobody’s ho. What should a powerful, amazing, sexy, independent and chic girl supposed to do?

Nobody Messes Wit Me

Dear Adjective Hoarder,

I refer to you as this because you insist on so many descriptive words to describe your refreshing, vibrant and singular personality. See how annoying being an adjective hoarder is?

I actually have to give you props because you’re taking a strong stance against the fools of this world. Many in your position would whine, cry or belabor their stupid predicaments and come to me for advice about obvious situations.

Normally these are the same people who feel depressed when the gluten-free section no longer carries an obscure brand of South African jumping beans. I respect everyone, but let’s face it, South African jumping beans are as stupid as the person that called you his soul mate.

And I am wondering what kind of relationship involves soul mates and whores. I have standards and believe that ho is a vulgar term. My list of vulgar terms include “make it rain,” “shorty” and that scene from “Ghost” with the ceramics and Patrick Swayze.

I have to agree with you. You are right to refuse him after, I assume, he broke up with you. You don’t need to be surrounded by pathetic people. You’re a rebel without a cause, using multiple adjectives and avoiding the normal conventions of grammar and syntax. Speak the truth!

Your fresh personalities needs to be fostered for philosophical and entertainment purposes. Reality television lives off this stuff. Once you lose this loser, get that hard work’s pay, grab an agent and start working the comedy scene. The easy way is to make a sex tape, but that’s only ever happened once.

It only takes a few takes on “The Real World” and special appearances on the Today Show’s YouTube segment to be on your way to stardom, kid. In the words of every Hollywood schmuck in town, you’re going to be a star.

So keep kicking those exs out of your apartment and never stop being your sassy self.

Advice Columnist

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team impressed in its quad-meet Friday af ...

Junior averaged 11.4 points and 6.7 rebounds per game last season. ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

A duo of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes advanced through to the Round of 16 ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...