News Briefs 4/1

Media

Univision President and CEO Randy Falco will discuss the future of media and communication during a USA Today CEO forum at 2 p.m.  April 10 at the Cosford Cinema. Falco, the former head of NBC Universal, joined Univision Communications, the leading media company serving Hispanic Americans, in 2011. USA Today’s Technology and Digital Entertainment Reporter, Mike Snider, will interview Falco. He will also discuss Fusion, an English-language news and lifestyle channel for Hispanics that is a joint venture with ABC News, slated to launch later this year. For more information, email Julia Proby at j.proby@miami.edu or call 305-284-2198.

Iron Arrow

Iron Arrow is now accepting nominations for the 2013 Sophomore Leadership Award until 5 p.m. April 8. This annual scholarship award goes to one current sophomore who has contributed exceptionally to UM and embodies the Five Pillars of Iron Arrow: Leadership, Scholarship, Character, Humility and Love of Alma Mater. Any member of the UM community may nominate a deserving sophomore student by filling out the form found at ironarrow.com/nform.html. Nominations should be emailed to Chief Ashley Taggart at ironarrow@miami.edu and kept private. The award recipient will be honored at the Celebration of Involvement on April 23.

Free Store

The first annual Free Store at the University of Miami organized by the Energy and Conservation Organization will be featured during the farmers market on Wednesday. Students, staff and faculty are welcome to donate all sorts of items, such as clothing, school supplies and electronic appliances. The concept behind the Free Store is that anyone will be able to pick up any of the donated items from the stand and thus reduce waste. Any items left over at the end of the day will be donated to Goodwill.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Frost School of Music’s faculty and staff members and students utilize their talents to help unify t

Rudy Fernandez, senior vice president for public affairs and communications at the University of Mia

Hope is an elusive concept, but it is a crucial feeling to hold on to at a time of crisis. During th

Members of the Muslim Students of the University of Miami celebrate the holy month while adhering to

A University of Miami faculty member offers tips on how to preserve healthy work-life practices as w