V's Take

Dear V: My mouth is doing more harm than good…

My boyfriend and I have a great relationship, and the sex is fantastic. We always have sex at his place because I have roommates, and he has a one-bedroom apartment. However, it has come to my attention that his neighbors started calling me Moaning Myrtle because of how loud I get, and I feel so embarrassed. So I refuse to have sex at his place, and my place is a no-go. What can we do?

Miserable Moaner

Dear Screeching Banshee,

I believe Moaning Myrtle died because she couldn’t fully fulfill her sexual desires. I am paraphrasing, but these people may be on to something besides your obnoxious sexy sounds. Don’t let the haters stop you from doing your “thang.”

I don’t understand why you’re so embarrassed. I would kill for a voice that matches my sexual pleasure. You’re only helping yourself. And your boyfriend definitely appreciates the extent of your “a-ha” moment.

Be proud and loud. Don’t let your boyfriend’s stupid friends, who probably need to watch some freaky fetish porn to get the same reaction, embarrass you.

Wear your “Moaning Myrtle” title with pride. There are, however, think of other ways to describe your gargantuan moaning: the jungle drums in every 15 minutes of “Jumanji,” the few moments before we see Kristen Wiig with Jon Hamm in “Bridesmaids,” or the sound of an iPhone’s car horn ringtone.

You should also remember that the quality of sex depends on the locale. Bedroom sex is safe and casual. Couch is passionate and troubled. The kitchen screams not enough time for a condom.

Try to find a comfortable motel that you can split. The worst-case scenario is to rent a public storage unit and take pride in paying for privacy. You can scream as loud as you want and even practice those moves that you’ve been downloading from your Kama Sutra app.

To be quite honest, you’re doing these people a favor. A wise character once said, “I can’t focus on my porn with all this real sex going on,” (“No Strings Attached,” 2011).

Take pride in the fact that your boyfriend’s neighbors no longer have to pay their monthly subscription to  porn hub.

Advice Columnist

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...