Blogs

As Told by Jackie: Dear Club Promoters, We’re over.

An Open Letter to Club Promoters

Dear Club Promoters,

What’s up bottle rat L*O*S*E*R*S? Have I mentioned to you lately how much I love when you do that star thing? Really attention-grabbing. Anyway, glad you could take time out of your busy day spent mass texting underage girls to read what I am sure will be one of the most RAGING BLOGPOSTS OF THE CENTURY at the WOLRD’S HOTTEST BLOG.

First off, kudos to you for taking on a second job on top of your 15 hours a week selling rhinestone shades at Sunglass Hut. Your hard work is the essence of the American dream. The hours a day you spend spamming my Facebook with event invites are inspirational; working nights just so you can feed a family of four comp’d bottles. Your mom must be proud.

As much as I admire your work ethic, I’d like to unsubscribe from your constant texts, Facebook event invites and any other means that enables you to contact me in sentences where the first letter of every word in the sentence is capitalized. I appreciate that you kept me in my mind but I’d rather be dragged across hot pavement naked than go to anything called “Wet Wednesdays” (18 to party, 21 to need to re-evaluate your life).

I sincerely pity anyone who has found the slightest sense of self-importance from a “job” that consists of them changing their cover photo to promote a night of “nasty beats and b*tches,” but even my deepest sympathy isn’t going to get me out of bed to say your name at the door. I know you’re in good company though, surrounded by girls half your age probably coming straight from their SATs.

So, this is it for us. Kindly forget to extend an invitation to me from now on. I’ll understand.

Thanks,

Jackie 

Jackie Salo is majoring in journalism and political science since she couldn’t find a job as a froyo taste tester. She has won numerous awards including the prestigious Chai Center Hebrew School Perfect Attendance Award 2004. Follow Jackie on Twitter at @GoodInsanity.

As Told by Jackie is a blog that chronicles all of Jackie’s latest grievances that result from not being able to sleep 28 hours a day.

Jackie Salo

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...